12

An internal battle between Alaric and his maniac alter ego ensues, leaving the last white oak stake hidden from all

An internal battle between Alaric and his maniac alter ego ensues, leaving the last white oak stake hidden from all. Only the malevolent Alaric knows it's location, leaving the true identity of the man at a loss over his unaccounted for actions.

As Damon and Meredith search for a way to bring the old Alaric back for good, Atë finds herself in the Mikaelson home again, enjoying the company. Everyone else seems to be busy with some type of predicament, and the goddess just wants a break from people's problems for even an hour.

Atë sits on the couch in the living room, observing Klaus dip his paint brush carefully into the dark monochromatic paint colors before elegantly creating strokes on the canvas. Kol comes back with a bag of chips, laying down horizontally. His head ends up on top of the goddess' lap and his feet on the arm of the couch, him smiling up playfully at her curious glance

The hybrid remains silent, in the zone of a true artist, but still listenening in to the pair's conversation. "Chip?" Kol asks, holding the bag closer to the girl.

She peers at the bag to see the flavor, noting that he went for barbecue. Her hand reaches inside the bag and grabs a handful. Upon seeing her hand filled, Kol pouts at her, "I said chip, not chips plural."

"Deal with it," she replies with an eye roll. As Klaus continues his work of art, the two chuckle and share stories of their past. Despite the girl withholding the truth about her identity, she still shares the experiences she has observed on this Earth, most of them revolving around the comical decisions made by humans. The older Mikaelson notes how his brother is starting to open up to the girl he has grown quite fond of, acting like a teenager instead of a thousand year old vampire.

The conversation dials down when Rebekah walks in, taking a moment to stand in the entryway to watch Klaus oddly from behind as he works on his artwork. He speaks up for the first time in hours, sensing her presence. "What took you so long?"

"Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake." She pulls out a stake from her coat and holds it up on display for the three in the room, "Luckily I'm quite the charmer."

Klaus twists his body around to face his sister with a pleased grin on his face but then he skeptically takes note of the singular stake in her hand, "That's it?"

She steps forwards fully into the room now, "The last of the white oak stakes that can kill us. Do you want to do the honors, or shall I?"

He sets down the paintbrush gently and takes the carved wood into his hand before chuckling it aggressively into the fire next to him. Atë peers at Kol to see him watching the fire with a content look on his face, his mind finally feeling at peace for once. He feels her brown eyes on him and he turns his head back to lock eyes with her, him not uttering a word.

Klaus' voice breaks their few seconds of a lingering glance, "Pack your bags. We're leaving."

As Kol's body stiffens up at his words, Rebekah suspiciously questions, "Today?"