3

The next morning, Atë wakes up in her hotel room in the quaint city of Mystic Falls

The next morning, Atë wakes up in her hotel room in the quaint city of Mystic Falls. Given the events from the night before, she knows chaos is soon to follow. It was true that the goddess initially aided Esther for the beginning of her plan, but she is not inclined to participate anymore. She isn't so sure she is done messing with the Original family and losing a great source of entertainment so soon.

What captivated her the most is how destructive this family already is without her intervention and prompting. She can already picture more ways to ruin this family, especially if they remain immortal and unkillable. The possibilities are endless when dealing with the Mikaelson family.

Remembering that the human doppelgänger still has questions, Atë decides to visit her to ensure her secrecy until there is a clear winner with this battle. No one is in control of her powers, but there's been times in the past that people have taken advantage of it for their own selfish benefit, which is part of the reason she is not on Esther's side. She isn't on any side at the moment.

She asks a townie where Elena lives and makes her way to a two-story white house in the suburbs. Her hand raises to knock on the wooden door and then waits a few moments before Elena opens up with wide brown eyes. "Atë?"

Atë, knowing no manners, slips past Elena's shoulder through the small crook to enter the cozy home and looks around with her lips pulled into a tight smile. Elena makes a face to herself at the sudden intrusion, but closes the door behind her and crosses her arms over her chest protectively. The goddess makes her self at home, sitting down on the brown leather couch near the fire place. "Nice home."

Elena stutters over her words a bit, unsure what exactly to make of the situation, "Um thank you." Silence ensues, making the human uncomfortable. Elena sits down across from the goddess and opens her mouth again, "I just can't believe you're real, a goddess. And now you're here, in my house. I mean wow, it's an honor?" She says the last part with a questioning tone, still unsure how to act around a godly being and having no clue as to why Atë showed an interest in her.

Atë rolls her eyes at Elena, "Hun, cut it out, you're annoying me." This causes Elena to become silent once more with reddened cheeks, embarrassed at her previous statement. "Listen, I'm a dick so get used to that. Anyways, I've come to talk about the fact that you are one of two people who as of now, are aware of my true identity."

Elena rushes to assure her, "I won't tell anyone if you don't want me to, I promise."

The goddess smiles at this, pleased at how obedient this human is. "You see, I normally erase any memories of my appearances, but I'm feeling...spontaneous this go around and want to change things up."

Even though Elena knows that Atë is the Goddess of Mischief and Ruin, she didn't know the extent of how troublesome she is and how that could affect the safety of herself and her friends. "So you're letting me remember what you look like and our interactions?"