Chapter 32

Klaus lays in his bed, suffering the excruciating effects of the blade, yet again

Klaus lays in his bed, suffering the excruciating effects of the blade, yet again. The only words spoken from his brother was "This was all you." It seemed as though the hybrid's past would always haunt him, preventing him from a happy ending.

A blonde human, Cami, heads into the abbatoir to meet Elijah, who she assumes has found a way to help Father Kieran. The noble Original insists that he has every intention of helping, but needed her assistance first. He considered enlisting the goddess to watch over his brother, but he felt weary leaving those two together.

Elijah removes the knife from Klaus' abdomen as Cami questions why out of all people, he had asked her for help by playing the role of babysitter. He reminds her that Klaus wouldn't have it in him to act cruelly upon her out of spite for recent events.

A load groan emits from Klaus as the blade is removed, but he still lays immobile after the tortuous pain experienced. Elijah turns to his brother, "I do apologize for causing you harm, but I will not stand for you taking out your anger on Rebekah."

He turns to the human, informing her that he is suspicious of Celeste's final move against them, so he departs to take care of the matter.

Atë makes her way to the compound, not really interested in dealing with the exchange between Hayley and Celeste. She already knew about Hayley's lineage, so it seemed boring. Walking up the stairs, she offers an intimidating gaze to all the vampires watching her ready to pounce and confused by her presence. They let her pass, seeing as though both Marcel and Elijah have deemed her presence necessary.

The goddess listens in to the human and the hybrid talking deeply, sensing a frustrated Klaus not being fond of being psychoanalyzed by the psych student. Cami however, gives no fucks and Atë is here for it.

Klaus reminisces on a memory, talking of a rare kind act he bestowed upon his sister and Marcel back in 1919, granting them his best wishes. He tells Cami that they had already betrayed him at the point by bringing Mikael to the city of New Orleans, someone Klaus had been running from for centuries.

Waltzing into the room, the pair curiously watch the brunette enter as if she is meant to be there. Angry about how the girl prevented him from enacting revenge on his sister, he begins charging. Atë scolds him and disappears before he can reach her and ends up on the other side of the room next to the human.

She looks to the human, "You can go take a break while I take over for a few." Cami looks unsure, but the goddess uses her powers to give the girl's body a push towards the door. "Just avoid becoming a vampire snack!"

Klaus, filled with fury due to all the circumstances, bares his fangs at the goddess. She challenges this with her eyes flickering with lightening. He stands down, "To what do I owe this pleasure?"

Atë shrugs her shoulders and sits down on a chair near his bed as he walks around to throw on a shirt, "Well it appears you've experienced some pretty crazy shit like I have, especially in the father department."