2

Atë parades through the mansion, her brown eyes analytical of all the humans and supernatural beings before her

Atë parades through the mansion, her brown eyes analytical of all the humans and supernatural beings before her. She usually chooses not to interact on this level, but the night is just urging her to have some fun.

The first place she strolls over to in her black stilettos heels is the bar where she opts for a glass of red wine and immediately takes a sip of the bitter liquid. She misses the alcohol on Mount Olympus that actually allowed for gods and goddesses to become completely intoxicated and belligerent. She walks through the crowd of Mystic Falls townies, blending in with the other guests, trying to seek Esther's children.

"Rebekah!" A silky smooth voice behind her causes her eyebrows to raise expectantly as she follows the source of the voice and stands off to the side of the wall, listening in. "I'm itching to kill something. What are we waiting for?"

The blonde, she assumes to be Rebekah, formulates an excuse, "The mayor cornered me. Give me 15 minutes to lure Matt outside."

"Outside? What's wrong with right here on the stairs? Make a spectacle of it." The brown haired guy's idea peaked Atë's interest, inducing her to already take a liking to the way this one thinks.

Rebekah rolls her eyes at her brother, "You sound like an idiot, Kol. Mother would kill you if you ruined her party. See you outside."

At the mention of ruin, the goddess quickly decides to keep an eye on Kol. The youngest Mikaelson brother converses with other guests to pass the time for fifteen minutes. He starts slyly making his way outside to meet his sister, Atë on his tails but remaining in the shadows, her steps ethereal and quiet.

She spots the sister walking with a human who seems so pure and good hearted. The innocent boy speaks up, admiring the pretty blonde alongside him, "So what are we doing out here?"

"Just taking a break from the polite chitchat." Rebekah looks around in search of her brother nervously, already starting to question the impending death.

The human exclaims suddenly, "It's freezing, let me get my coat."

The Original vampire looks at his beaten up car that has not seen the best of days, "This is your car?"

"Yep. If I could compel myself a Maserati, I would," he replies with a slight dig at the vampire race. "But I can't."

Atë watches Kol silently sneer at the sight of Matt putting his coat around the blonde, oblivious at the fact that vampires don't get cold. It was sweet, she thought, that a human would be foolish enough to care for such an evil being. The goddess, already aware that Rebekah has changed her mind, watches carefully and with discontent as the vampire leads Matt back inside safely.