𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

You and Tanjiro made it to the top where many other people were at final selection

You and Tanjiro made it to the top where many other people were at final selection. There were a girl and a boy that reminded you of yin yang. Both looked the same, except one had snow white hair and the other had dark, ebony, black hair.

"Greetings everyone," They both said simply. "Thank you all for gathering here tonight for final selection. Mount Fujikasane holds demons that demon slayer swordsman have taken and trapped here alive." The dark haired boy mentioned. The white haired one spoke, "Demons here hate wisteria flowers, which bloom here every season. They cover this very mountain from its foot to halfway up the slope." She then frowned. "However, from that point on, the wisteria does not bloom. So the demons are able to roam freely. You must survive there for seven days."

"If you do, then you pass final selection." You looked in determination. A black and white mask was on your head that Urokodaki had given you as well as a nichirin sword. You clenched your fists. You were determined that you and Tanjiro would survive final selection. You had to.

"Now go."

┌───͙⊱••✩••̩̩͙⊰•───┐

You both made it inside the mountain. It was dark. And a small form of fog covered the area around your feet. You held your hand over your nichirin blade and awaited for a demon to show up. You thought of using one of your breathing forms. Your breathing style was a rather difficult one to master. But, you spent two years learning to master it. Sure you needed to practice more, but you felt that you could perform it. You looked over at Tanjiro.

"Tanjiro," You called out in a whisper. He turned his head to face you, waiting for what you had to say.

"I can use one of my breathing techniques to find any demons nearby."

"You have a breathing form for that?" He asked in amazement. You nodded your head. You drew your blade and held it up. You placed yourself in a position and closed your eyes. Total concentration. You used the breathing technique that Urokodaki had taught you. You took in a breath of air and exhaled, when you did, a small cloud left through your teeth.

"Galactic Breathing; First Form; Silver River."

Galactic Breathing; First Form; Silver River
After putting oneself in the state of extreme sensory deprivation the Breath of Space requires, the swordsman becomes capable of 'seeing' their surroundings and target like a star chart. They are then capable of tracking an opponent's 'trajectory' and predicting their motions to a limited extent, overcoming the obvious weakness of being unable to follow their enemies during battle. Closer inspection and greater mastery allows for them to see opponents as 'constellations', with specific stars that can be identified by certain colors or traits and attacked purposefully.