Chapter - 1

While Soojin sat on her bed, complaining about how her life with all the unwanted attention is, the brunette's elder siblings barged into her room to surprise their maknae for her first day of school.

"Congratulations~" they screamed in unison while both the elder females threw confetti around Soojin's room. Seokjin, the only male offspring of the kangs, on the other hand entered with a cake saying 'congratulations on entering Lakewood senior high'.

All this while the maknae had the brightest smile etched on her beautiful face.

"Gomawoyo unnies and oppa, this really means so much to me! Saranghae!" said Soojin with watery eyes.

"Aww, soojin-ah, we love you too, which is why this was a must, pls don't cry baby!" said Seulgi, the eldest, while walking towards her.

Seokjin too walked over to the girls to hug them both.

"If you're done with this emotional moment, why don't we let Soojin doll herself up and leave, because we have a red carpet to walk."

Jennie's words may seem harsh and venom filled, but it was because the words were so.

"Who says I'm in need of extra dolling up? Im extremely satisfied by the way I look unnie" spat soojin while taking small strides towards Jennie.

"You, young lady, cannot walk down a damn red carpet in casuals!" Jennie argued back while slightly raising her voice.

"Why not unnie? Just because I won't look like a Kang? But guess what, unlike you, I don't need to show I am a Kang because I'd get the attention without lifting a finger." said their maknae.

"That's enough Soojin, I get it that you're both different in your own ways but Jennie is still your unnie and in no way are you allowed to disrespect her, am i clear?"

Asked Seokjin while stepping in between the two before it leads to something both the sisters won't be able to handle.

With just a soft hum to Seokjin, Soojin apologised to Jennie with utmost sincerity not without adding how strong she was going to stand on her firm.

Jennie and Soojin were on each others nerves 24/7, mainly because of their thoughts and ways to live life. While Soojin dreaded the attention, Kang Jennie absolutely lived for it.

If Soojin thought twice before speaking, Jennie didn't give a damn before speaking her mind out.

~TIME SKIP TO THE RED CARPET~

"I warmly welcome everyone standing here, at the prestigious red carpet of Lakewood senior high and university. We shall begin the ceremony shortly" echoed from the speakers throughout the campus.

As soon as the Kangs reached backstage, they were met only by the Kims and the Parks. Both equally influential and powerful like the Kangs.

Since the very first red carpet of Lakewood senior high, it has always been these three families that walk down with utmost pride.

While the very first generations started this ceremony so that the three families stick together through thick and thin, the last year changed everything.

The feud between Kim Jisoo and Kang Jennie absolutely wrecked the initial meaning of the ceremony. But this didn't mean that the other siblings of the families didn't talk, in fact, they had the strongest bonds amongst themselves.

Even the Kims adored the Kang maknae with all their heart. Or so it was seen ;)

On reaching, the Kangs noticed a gorgeous new male standing with the Kims. After a little catching up with the Parks and Soojin getting asked about her being underdressed, both the families, without Jennie, decided to approach the Kims and find out about the new kid.