Chapter - 8

~long chapter ahead~

JENNIE POV

The first day in school after my public apology tweet to Jisoo was somewhat normal except the fact that whenever I entered a room, people would start gossiping and whispering shit about me because nobody actually has the guts to come and say it on my face. And yes, this impact should be there. Im the baddest bitch after all.

Although it's been a week after my apology, Jin oppa still won't talk even after me pleading him to forgive me multiple times.

I was sitting right in front of him, when he saw the tweet. And don't even get me started about how my heart shattered into a thousand pieces that day.

~Flashback to the day Jennie tweeted~

It's been an hour since mine and Soojin's little talk and an hour since I uploaded the tweet where I publicly apologize to Jisoo on our official school website.

I doubt whether Jin oppa has seen it or not. When I finally got the courage to step out of my room to check for myself, I saw that Seulgi unnie was helping Jin oppa with some doubts in chemistry as they were seated at the dining table. That means both of them haven't seen it yet.

Soojin was seated beside Seulgi unnie as she was impatiently tapping her foot; waiting for them to finish so that Jin oppa would check his phone and so that she could explain before he would make some wrong assumptions.

I quietly made my way to the dining table and sat beside Jin oppa. Upon seeing me, the maknae's eyes widened as she mouthed, 'go back to your room, I will handle it.'
I just shook my head as she sighed and looked away while running a hand through her brown locks.

Jin oppa glanced at me and frowned; He caressed my cheek with his left thumb and said,

"Have you been crying, Jennie-ah? Your eyes are all puffy and red."

Instead of getting comforted by his sweet gesture, it just made me feel more guilty as I looked away to hide the tears that were beginning to cloud my vision yet again.

"Okay Jin, I think we're done for today. Let me know if you have more doubts."

Seulgi unnie said as she got up from her seat while Jin oppa nodded and closed the books.

His hand reached out for his phone; Soojin noticed this and after taking a small glimpse at me, seated herself beside our handsome oppa.

I began fidgeting with my fingers as Jin oppa was furiously tapping on his phone and after 5 minutes, I saw Jin oppa straightening his posture as his orbs widened at what they just witnessed.

He looked up at me as his lips were parted in shock and I spoke up,

"Oppa I can explain - "

"Don't. even. say. a. word. Jennie"

He spoke as his voice cracked and he lifted himself up. He disheveled his hair after getting up while the tears from my eyes fell down as I stared at his retreating figure followed by Soojin.

I looked down at my feet and hugged myself.

'How could I have been so selfish to take revenge for my own pleasure that I didn't even think about my oppa once?'

~flashback ends~

SEULGI POV

All of the Kang siblings are having dinner right now, and like always, there's heavy tension between Jin and Jennie.