Chapter - 39

The wind was softly hitting the cousins as they sat on a bench near the play area of the local park.

Both Jungkook and Chaeyoung had come to get some fresh air outside after an intense game marathon of overwatch. Yes, they were both playing games in school.

The cousins in general were both good gamers and competitive, so losing was a very big deal for the both of them.

"Chaeyoung-ah, you do remember right that you have to buy me ice-cream? You lost miserably today!"
Said the male while trying to suppress his urge to laugh out loud.

"Yah Jungkook! I didn't lose miserably, our match scores by the end were 4 wins to 3 wins. Also yes I will buy you ice cream because I ain't a sore loser like you!"
Said the girl, exasperated.

"Park Chaeyoung! I ain't a sore loser!"
The boy argued back.

"Yeah right, you didn't but me ice cream the last time we played and I won with a dramatic difference!!"
Exclaimed the girl, with her hands doing all kinds of weird notions.

"THAT WAS ONE TIME!"
Shouted the boy, now furious of the allegations that were put on him.

"You're still a loser kid, anyways let's go ALREADYYYY~"
Whined the strawberry blonde like a five year old.

Before the two could even get up to get ice cream, both their phones received a message.

'Ting' rang their phones along with the screens lighting up.

Clicking on the message together, came something they hadn't seen coming in a million years.

Forgetting about the ice cream that instance, one look and they both knew what to do.

The two sprinted back to the school as quickly as possible.

Reaching the school in less than about 1 minute, the cousins hastily ran towards the cafeteria.

Knowing that all the students would be either in the cafeteria or outside the school since it was lunch, rushing towards the cafeteria was the best option.

Opening the door and taking a look inside, they heard the TV's voice,

"The Kangs aren't as perfect as they seem. Kang Seokjin, Kang Seulgi and Kang Soojin's birth mother ran away with her high school lover three months after Kang Soojin was born. Mr. Kang Jaewon, the owner of the Kang Empire and the father of three then married another woman. Kang Jennie was bought in the family with the female and taken care of, by Jaewon, like his own child. But don't let this deceive you as Jennie and her mother both aren't blood related to the Kangs in any way."

Oh the damage that this TV news channel had done. Actually not the Channel, the person on the screen wearing a black mask and black outfit. Although it looked like the person was speaking, anyone could tell that voice changer had been used.

The unknown person then vanished and the TV reporter took over, muttering apologies to the audience for the inconvenience caused. It looked like the news channel wasn't aware about all this. As soon as the original TV reporter appeared on the screen, Jennie ran away from the cafeteria, her face pale as tears streamed down her full cheeks.

Jennie couldn't believe her ears and so, to clear up her mind and thoughts, she ran out to the basketball field.

Both Seokjin and Yoongi followed behind Jennie together. They knew her tendencies to overthink and take spontaneous actions. To keep everyone safe from more collateral damage, they both knew that it was the best to go behind her.