Chapter - 27

AUTHOR POV

"Good morning, once again, to the ladies and gentleman present with us today. Welcome to Day 2 of Lakewood group's SPORTS TOURNAMENT 20XX-20XX!"

The emcee yelled excitedly as the the people present around clapped and cheered.

The extravagant Sports event was fancied all across Seoul and South Korea which is why Day 2 was equally lavish and grand as Day 1. Special Guests were invited over as they chatted away with the school principal and college dean; softly clapping now and then to appreciate the competitors.

"Yesterday we witnessed the athletic events and so, today we will go through group sports like soccer, cricket, basketball, volleyball, tennis, badminton and indoor games aswell like table tennis and squash. I request the finalists to gather around for their games in their respective courts while the contestants participating in soccer might stay in the field."

A scowl was plastered on Kim Junmyeon's face as he confidently nodded at his family members standing at a distance, indicating to continue with their individual games. He stretched his arms and legs and cracked his knuckles, fully prepared to outsmart the Parks and keep them off the hook of winning.

Park Chanyeol and Kim Junmyeon went against each other in Basketball, in opposite teams. The coach blowed the whistle as the Park and Kim eldest broke the intense eye contact to start the game. Chanyeol had strength but Junmyeon had skills. Thus, The Kim's team ended up winning two rounds out of three while he himself won the title of 'the man of the match'.

Kim Yoongi had sports like soccer and cricket wrapped around his finger while Kim Namjoon, not too confident with outdoor activities, decided to go for the indoor games.

Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung were the finalists for Badminton. This duo was probably the most dangerous one considering Jimin and Taehyung were good friends outside the field.

As Jimin was tying the shoelaces of his Nike trainers, Taehyung came up to him and said,

"Get ready to lose Park. You won't last long with me around."
The Kim's maknae winked as Jimin scoffed and said,

"Not even in your wildest dreams, Kim. Do you even know who you're going against?"
The Park's maknae arrogantly said with a scary look on his face.

Taehyung slightly smiled and cocked an eyebrow.

"We'll see."
Were his last words as the pair went on to begin the game.

In the first two and a half rounds, anyone would've thought that Jimin knew this game like the back of his hand but the smirk was wiped off his face when Taehyung began hitting hard, with all his power and ended up winning the game.

"Aww looks like the short Jiminie lost the game."
Taehyung said with a wide amuck while patting Jimin's head.

"Hey! Who the fuck are you calling short?!"
Jimin said as he ran behind Tae to beat him up.

On the girls side, the finalists for squash were Kim Jisoo and Park Jihyo. Jisoo was crystal clear about the fact that she could not beat Jihyo. Hell she was too good at sports for that!

"Jihyo Unnie, please let me win today~"
said Jisoo standing beside the Park with puppy eyes and a wide (but creepy) smile.

Jihyo who was busy doing stretches and jumped back on hearing Jisoo.

"Yah you scared me! You never call me Unnie you little-"

Before Jihyo could complete her sentence Jisoo jumped into Jihyo's arms. Shocking the latter as she tried to regain her balance.