Chapter - 21

AUTHOR POV

What Yoongi asked made many memories, both good and bad rush into the Jennie's mind. She sadly smiled and began the tale of her infamous past.

"Last to last year in August, I went to a 2PM concert, they're my favourite boy group. Thats where I met Kai and we got to know that we go to the same school.

Gradually we both became friends, kept meeting in school, even outside school and soon enough, we fell for each other. Like the entire Lakewood high knows, he proposed to me on the sports ground after his team won a trophy for our school in soccer, in front of everyone. I said yes and after some months, we fell in love. Everything was going great until after six months, I began noticing that Kai was spacing out; ignoring my calls and messages. Not spending as much time with me as before. But what I didn't know was that he started falling for none other than my ex-bestfriend, bestfriend at the time, Kim Jisoo.

As you know, Me and Jisoo were popular and known for not only being in the Big 3 but also for being the badass besties. I never even thought in my dreams that Kai would actually approach Jisoo and become friends with her. Jisoo initially was oblivious of his feelings and so, diligently agreed to be friends with him considering he was also my boyfriend.

Kai felt a better connection with Jisoo. He thought I was a spoilt brat who doesn't care about school and only likes wasting money."

Jennie scoffed as she said this while Yoongi continued listening to her intently, not batting an eye.

"He realized that Jisoo was someone his type, simple but mesmerizingly beautiful. All this literally fucking happened behind my back but I never ever doubted him because he was my first boyfriend, my first love, I trusted him blindly. I even tried to understand when he told me that he was busy and couldn't make time for me."

By now, a tear had escaped Jennie's eyes but she hastily wiped it away. Yoongi felt bad for the brunette and  wrapped his arm around her shoulders in a comforting manner.

"So this one day, Kai and Jisoo were in the school's garden but I don't think it was during the school hours. He sneaked her in after 6 pm I think. Soo was telling him something but he certainly wasn't paying attention to that, his corrupt eyes were studying her face. Not being able to resist her anymore, he leaned in and kissed her.

Jisoo was completely caught off-guard but didn't protest and gave in. She kissed him back because maybe she wasn't sure about her feelings for him. She was unsure about whether she wanted a relationship like that with him and so didn't say anything. I don't even think both of them thought about me even once while kissing.

Kai was now certain about his feelings for Jisoo. Next day, they both were acting very weird in front of me when we bumped into each other because of this. Kai kept meeting Jisoo and their feelings for each other deepened. Not like Jisoo minded, although she wasn't sure about anything, she decided to go with the flow and figure things out. With this, Kai began ignoring me completely and only talked to me if I approached him.

All this, all of this happened behind my back, right under my nose yet the stupid me wasn't aware of anything and kept trusting both of them. After their kiss, Jisoo was torn. Thinking about what to choose between her bestfriend and the one guy who had finally caught her attention. But like I said, she decided to go with the flow."

Jennie sniffed and not being able to hold back anymore, began crying her heart out. All Yoongi could do at the moment was hug her and softly pat her head while rubbing soothing circles on her back.

"I'm sorry I asked you to elaborate. It was too insensitive of me." he said with guilt.

She quickly wiped her tears and said,
"Ani ani, you didn't. It feels good to finally talk about it in detail with someone."