Chapter - 34

AUTHOR POV

After a minute or so, The Kim maknae gave a lopsided grin and shrugged It all off. Why the sudden change of behavior?
Because the last question reminded him of an incident with Rosè in Canada. How she asked him the same question and how it ended up in a huge fight between the two.
'Is something going on between you and that English girl!?'
Were the exact words that came out of Park Chaeyoung's mouth. And he totally did not want the same thing to happen with Soojin.

"Aniyo Hyung, nothing is going on between me and Rosè. She is clearly overthinking it because Chaeyoung in one manipulative bitch-"

"Language little brother."
Namjoon said while throwing a death glare Taehyung's way.

"S-Sorry hyung. Y-Yeah so like I said, she is wrong about everything, things ended between me and Chaeyoung long time ago and she shouldn't be overthinking about some mere sentences Rosè said. I'm sure she completely wanted this reaction from Soojin, she is one manipulative...."

Taehyung was going to use the same word but Namjoon's piercing glare stopped him from doing so.

"Person, yeah person I know."
The Kim maknae said while bobbing his head up and down.

"Okay I believe you. But I'm afraid Soojin will breakup with you if you don't make it clear to her that nothing is going on between you and Rosè. Talk to her, in detail about it so that she understands and won't doubt you again."
Namjoon said this to Taehyung as the latter gave an understanding nod.

~NEXT DAY~

Taehyung had made up his mind to talk to the brunette about what Rosè had told her but Soojin, had been ignoring him the entire day. Everytime she saw him, she scurried away like her ass was on fire. Even during classes, when the boy tried to approach her or sit beside her, she would call Lalisa or legit anyone else, telling them to take the seat beside her.

During lunch, Taehyung somehow managed to get a hold of the Kang maknae when she was talking to Jennie.

The hazel eyed woman had to agree to Taehyung's request for going to lunch because of Jennie's presence. And at the moment, Taehyung and Soojin were having lunch at her favourite fast food restaurant.
But today, Soojin wasn't enjoying the food. She kept moving the vegetables around in her plate with the fork without actually eating it.

"So, why have you been ignoring me the entire day?"
Asked Taehyung after an hour of silence between the two.

Soojin just rolled her eyes in response and continued playing around with the food in her plate.

"How was your day today?"

"Good."

"Is the food nice?"

"Hmmmm."

And just like this, Soojin kept dodging all of Taehyung's questions with dry replies.
Taehyung, infuriated with the girl's short responses, finally spoke up about the issue which needed to be sorted out.

"You know what, just tell me what Rosè told you so that I can clear up your facts. Don't assume any random shit."

The female slammed the fork on the table and finally looked at him. Her eyes staring into his soul.

"You want to know the facts?"

Soojin might look calm but oh how angry she was at the moment.

"THE FACTS ARE THAT PARK CHAEYOUNG TOLD ME THAT YOU WERE VERY HAPPY WHEN SHE CAME BACK. HOW SWEETLY YOU BOTH TALK TO EACH OTHER AND-"