Chapter - 19

AUTHOR POV

"May I come in ma'am?"
asked a huffing and puffing Taehyung.

The teacher, Ms. Lee, looked over at Taehyung, eyed him from head to toe and nodded, giving him the 'don't-you-dare-be-late-for-class-next-time' look.

The Kim maknae sighed in relief and glanced around to find an empty seat which was beside a certain girl he knew very well.

He made his way over to her desk and sneakily sat beside her.

"Hey."
he muttered as he took out his books.

"Annyeong...."
Soojin replied blatantly with eyes focused on the board at front.

Kang Soojin was bored out of her wits in the said English class as her mind wandered over to other things.

She deeply sighed as her vision fell upon the person beside her who was doodling something in his book. She immediately remembered something and tapped him on the shoulder.

Taehyung wearily looked at her as she whispered,
"Yah, why did you run out of the cafeteria while Jungkook was introducing his cousin?"

Taehyung was a little taken aback at the Kang maknae's sudden question but answered her anyways.

"Exactly, the girl he was introducing. That was her."

Soojin being the clueless and oblivious person she is, didn't understand the hidden context behind his words and frowned.

"Her who?"
she asked.

Tae clicked his tongue and discreetly uttered in his deep voice.
"Rosè, Park Chaeyoung, my ex, the girl who broke my fragile heart in Canada."

With each word, Soojin's eyes widened as she covered her mouth.

"Omo! Jinja?"

She whispered-yelled in absolute shock as Taehyung nodded and avoided the Kang's eyes; hurt clearly etched all over his perfect face.

"Kim Taehyung, Kang Soojin, if you both don't pay attention and keep quiet, I will be giving you two detention."
spat the English teacher with firmness.

The pair immediately stood up and bowed while saying 'Jeosonghamnida'. They sat down and shifted their attention back to the class but Soojin was still in a daze; not being able to process what Taehyung had just said.

After some time of Soojin completely lost in thoughts and Taehyung just getting bored, the bell finally rang as the Kim maknae sprang up from his seat and went outside the class.

He walked down the empty hallway with his eyes glued to his phone but instantly raised his vision when he heard the clacking of heels behind him.

As he turned, he was met by the sight of the one and only, Park Chaeyoung. She was wearing a sleeveless, black, skin fit dress that ended mid-thigh. Her lips were coated with crimson matte lipstick, strawberry blonde hair falling over her shoulders as a Versace handbag was poised in her arms.

The Kim maknae gulped, wondering how she could still look so beautiful in his eyes. But little did he know that she had dolled up like this just to impress him.

"Hey, what's up?"
she asked him with a poker face, perfectly hiding her nervousness.

Taehyung plainly scoffed and turned back in an attempt to walk away and look unaffected but in vain as the young girl grabbed his shoulder.

"Is something wrong?"
she spoke as a shaky breath escaped her mouth.

Taehyung didn't budge as he put his hands in his hoodie pockets, indicating that he doesn't want to talk to her.