Chapter 50

Annie's POV

"Ann.. Annie." Someone was shaking me. Someone is repeatedly telling me to wake up. Someone is pissing me off.

I shot my eyes open to see Demi walking into her closet and immediately my anger disappeared. Relief fled through me as I remembered that last night I confessed my troubles and she was understanding. Slowly, our relationship is going back to normal.

She walked back into the room and looked surprised that I was actually awake.

"Your clothes are on your bed, I picked them out. Be ready in less than fifteen. I'll be waiting downstairs or in the car."

She started quickly walking to the door in her yoga pants and long sleeved fitted Nike shirt.

"Wait!" I called after her, "Where are we going?"

She was already out the bedroom door. Damn. I feel like I could sleep fourteen more hours.

I picked my phone off the bedside table and hit the home button. 5:00 IN THE MORNING?! 5 AM?! WHAT THE SHIT?!

I new it was dark in here, but I just assumed it was the curtains! Is she crazy?! Has she gone insane? What the hell are we doing at 5?!

I threw the covers back and walked down the hallway to my room. I made my way to my bed and saw my own set of yoga pants and tennis shoes laying out.

Frustrated, I snatched the clothes off the bed and walked into the bathroom. After changing, I threw my hair into a ponytail and quickly covered up the bags under my eyes.

I walked out of the bathroom and began to bound down the stairs.

What is she thinking? I can't even get up at 10! 5 is crazy! I'm going to be a zombie. This is not okay.

"Mom?!" I called out as I got to the bottom of the stairs.

Silence.

She must be outside.

I walked out the door and into the pitch black, seeing Demi behind the wheel typing on her phone. The only reason I can even see her is because of her phone light illuminating the darkness.

I made my way to the car and slid in the passenger side. "Where are we going?"

"It's a secret." She cheesed.

I would usually get really annoyed by this, but considering everything I've put her through lately, I decided to just go with whatever she's planning. Even if it's at five in the morning.

I pulled out my phone and hit my home button. My lock screen is a picture of Demi and I from a while ago. I love this picture because it's from summer and this picture you can tell we're both genuinely happy. We're outside about to get a good picture, but Wilmer captured us in mid laugh. A candid. The smile that's on my face is so real, and I can only hope and pray that soon I can smile like that again.

My screen went black.

Out of curiosity, I picked up Demi's phone out of the cupholder and clicked on the button. Her wallpaper was me, her, and Wilmer. I remember this day perfectly. We were making cupcakes and what not and Marissa was going to take a picture of us three. I was smiling with Demi on one side and Wilmer on the other, but then they both shoved icing on my face, then leaned in and kissed me on the cheek.

I looked over at Demi who was fully concentrated on the road. Her hands were firmly tight around the wheel with the occasional bounce of fingers. I love her.

I love her. I.. I love Wilmer, too. I regret taking him for advantage and being such a little bitch to him. At the time, I thought Demi would focus all of her attention on Wilmer and forget about me. Now that I've accepted him, I've realized that isn't the case. Demi loves me unconditionally and I should've known that Wilmer was only going to make a positive affect, rather than a negative.