Chapter Two

Marissa's POV

Needless to say, Annie is pissed. I ordered takeout so we can just take it home and eat it instead of Annie blowing up in the middle of a Chinese restaurant.

"Hold on." Annie mumbled taking out her phone.

Oh no. What is she doing?

"Hello?" Annie asked on her phone. "Yeah, hi. Nothing. Uh, we got Chinese takeout and we were going to get you something. Want us to swing it by the gym? You already ate? You never eat before a workout. Oh. Already done? Oh. Where are you? Right. Nothing. Love you too. Bye."

She locked her phone and just dropped it onto the floorboard. Yeah, I don't know how she's going to keep her mouth shut about this.

"What did she say?" I asked.

"She said she ate before she left because she was super hungry and she ended her workout early to go see Dianna." She scoffed.

"Uh, mom and dad went grocery shopping and out to eat. They left before we did." Madison said.

I glanced over at Annie and saw her mouth gaped open and tears forming in her eyes. Thank gosh I pulled into the Chinese place when I did.

••

I walked into the living room and sat on the couch, starting to eat the takeout. Annie was in the love seat and Madison was sitting on the other couch.

"I just.." Annie trailed off, tapping on her phone. "Even his twitter picture looks evil. His eyes looks like they're about to suck the soul out of me."

I tried so hard not to laugh at that, but I couldn't help it. She really has a point.

Demi did tell me that she was starting to talk to Wilmer again, but no way was I going to tell Annie that. Demi can tell her herself.

And this is how I spend my Tuesday nights. At home with two thirteen year olds while my best friend is on a secret date. Oh well. I love Annie and Maddie like their my little sisters. Which, basically they are.

Demi's POV

I sighed as I hung up the phone with Annie. Sneaking around Annie is killing me slowly and painfully. I hate to do it, but I have too. I know she a absolutely cannot stand Wilmer, and I just want to make sure this relationship is stable before I bring him back into her life.

"You're still not going to tell her?" Wilmer asked.

I sat down next to him on the couch and cuddled into his chest. "Not yet, baby."

"She hates me."

"She doesn't hate you." I said, not sounding to convincing.

Annie is the most important person in my life. Above Wilmer, above anyone. She's my number one priority in life and I would do anything to make her happy.

Even if that means sneaking around her.

"So, what are we doing about this? Are we keeping it a secret for the rest of our lives?" He asked, rubbing circles on my back.

"No." I said. "We're taking it slow. I'll start bringing you around her so she can get comfortable around you and then we'll see how it goes."

"What if it doesn't go good?"

I sighed, not really knowing because I know how it's going to go. Oh, I know exactly how it's going to go. Bad.

"I don't know." I admitted. "Something will. Because we love each other, right?"