Chapter 42

Annie's POV

Time started going in slow motion as realization hit me. Demi is going to walk in and see two messes. Me and my room. After that, my thoughts won't be just my thoughts because she'll force me to let it out and I'm not sure if I'm ready for that.

I frantically racked my brain for an idea of how to stop Demi from coming in here or seeing me like this. There has to be something.

"Come on!" Madison whisper shouted.

"I can't!" I whisper shouted back pointing to my face and my blood stained sweatshirt.

"It's either this," she said motioning to my room, "Or my idea. Come. On."

There isn't any other option. She's going to find out either way unless Madison's plan, whatever it is, works.

I stood from my bed and followed Madison out into the hallway.

"Hey, do you guys want to go out to lunch with me and Wilmer?" Demi asked, stopping halfway up the staircase.

I was a little bit behind Maddie and I had my arms crossed over my stomach. I'm keeping my head down so I don't have to make any eye contact.

"Yeah," I said, trying to not make my voice sound shaky. "Come on, Mads."

"Be ready in twenty." Demi said, walking up the rest of the stairs and turning into her room.

A wash of relief fled through my body as Mads grabbed my hand and pulled me into the bathroom.

I hopped up beside the sink as Madison opened the drawers and started getting out all of my makeup. "Take off your shirt." Madison said.

"So seductive." I tried joking, but her face remained in panic.

I took of my sweatshirt and held a wet wash cloth against it in hopes it will stop bleeding soon.

"Okay, look at me." Madison said.

She started dotting foundation over my splotchy cheeks and applying different kinds of makeup.

Why did I have to go crazy? Why did I wait two hours to go crazy? I could've went crazy right when she left and we would've had this mess cleaned up by now. I feel so guilty.

Madison stepped back and looked at me. "You can definitely tell you've been crying still. Where's your glasses?"

"In my room." I said.

"Take out your contacts. You've probably already dried them out." Madison sighed. "And if you wear your glasses, your red eyes will be less noticeable."

I nodded and went to get off the counter when Madison stopped me. "I'll go get your clothes and glasses, but first," she said, opening a cabinet and pulling big bandages out, "Put these over your stomach."

I nodded and started pealing the back off. Madison was about to walk out when I said, "Wait!"

She quickly turned around and I sighed, "Thank you."

"Don't thank me. We're sisters." Madison winked, walking out.

I faintly smiled and started applying bandages, praying that Demi wouldn't come in here. How would I explain everything? How would she react? I shook my head. Maybe it's best if I just keep everything to myself. Hopefully Madison keeps everything to herself, too.

"Here." Maddie said, walking in and setting my clothes and glasses down. "Get ready and I'll be waiting downstairs."

"Okay." I mumbled as she walked out.