Chapter 21

Annie's POV

Maybe when I thought that me and Demi had this weird relationship that not many kids have with their parents would last forever, I was wrong.

Maybe when I thought that I was number one everywhere in Demi's life, I was wrong.

Maybe when I thought that she'd actually put me before Wilmer, I was wrong.

Maybe when I thought that Conner would actually call me, I was wrong.

Maybe when I thought that he actually liked me, I was wrong.

I guess all these obstacles come with this journey. Even though we don't like it, maybe the truth is what we need. Truth is a part of life. And life is a bitch.

After mine and Demi's little argument thing, I went straight back to the buss until Demi's show. No one bothered to find me, except for Madison. I just wanted to be alone.

After the show, I got on the buss and pretended to sleep on the couch when Demi got on to avoid all communication.

This morning, I woke up and Demi was already doing stuff with Wilmer and the crew, and, thanks to Wilmer, me and Maddie get our own hotel room. It only makes my strategy better.

"Annie," Madison said, sitting by my feet, making the mattress sink a little at the end, "I think it's time you talk about it."

I barely opened my eyes and looked at her, before shaking my head and closing my eyes once again.

"Annie." Maddie sighed, "Please. I haven't heard you speak two words over the twenty four hour time period."

"I want to go home." I weakly admitted.

"Annie, no. Demi didn't mean it! It's not that big of a deal. You've been through worse." Maddie said.

"My worst nightmare was that Demi wouldn't have time for me anymore. I've always been afraid that I wouldn't be her number one. And it came true." I said, tears brimming my eyes.

It's only going to get worse. First she doesn't have time, then she'll forget about me, and then I will be nothing.

"Annie, that's not true."

I'll never sleep in Demi's bed again, she'll never call my baby girl again, she'll never hold me like a baby again, she'll never do anything special towards me again.

"It is true."

"No it's not."

It's going to go back to the days before Demi went to treatment. She barely had any time for me. I think these past few years she's been making it up to me, but now it's coming to an end.

And I don't think I can live with that.

I swiftly unplugged my phone from the charger and stood up, "Excuse me." I mumbled as I basically sprinted to the bathroom door.

I slammed it, locked it, punched it. Sliding down the wall, I let my first round of tears fall from my eyes.

I don't know how I will live if mine and Demi's relationship changed.

I clicked my homescreen and I saw I had a few messages from Demi that read, "Good morning baby! I know you're upset with me.. But I wanna letcha know that I love you so much. I'll see you when I get back to the hotel 😍💗💕😍💗💕" and "Text me when you wake up Princess."

Lie. Lie. Lie. Lie. Lie.

I felt more tears coming as the back of my throat began to burn, as if it was about to catch on fire.