Chapter 37

// I deleted one of my updates after I posted it because I decided to do something different. If you read something about Trace and ditching school, disregard that please. Thank you. //

Demi's POV

After about three minutes of me and Marissa digging and digging to find out what is wrong with Annie, we gave up. It's bothering me so bad. Why won't she just tell me?!

We pulled into my moms house and I saw Madison give me a confused look.

"I'll come get you after Annie tells me what's up." I said. She nodded and slid out of the car and I quickly backed out.

"If you don't tell us, I'm going home!" Marissa tried convincing Annie but she remained silent.

I shrugged, growing annoyed. "Oh well, Mar. If she doesn't want to tell us, that's her problem."

Marissa gave me a look but I ignored her. I'll get to the bottom of it real quick. If there's one person Annie will tell everything to, it's me.. At least that's what I thought.

We continued the drive to my house in silence and as soon as we pulled in the driveway, Annie was the first to get out.

I followed Annie with Marissa close behind me. Obviously something is actually wrong and my anger is fading and turning into worry.

Annie swung open the door and started to make a quick escape to her bedroom but I yelled, "Woah, woah, woah! Stop!"

Annie abruptly stopped on the staircase and didn't move an inch.

"Why aren't you telling me what's wrong?!" I shouted up the stairs.

The silence was so loud. You couldn't even hear any of us breathing. I could literally cut the tension with scissors.

"Looks like we have something in common," Annie said, "Not telling each other things."

I suddenly grown annoyed once again. "What?"

"I know you're pregnant, mom! Why wouldn't you tell me?! Why- why.. I-" she stuttered, angry. Before I could protest, she ran up to her room.

"Uh," Marissa said, "I thought you told her?"

"No." I shook my head. "After you told me that she told you, I tried coming up with a clever way to tell her I'm not pregnant. That just blew up in my face."

I walked up the staircase and began the walk to have a dreaded conversation with Annie. Oh goodness.

I opened her door and saw her laying face down in her pillows, her back heaving slightly.

I cautiously laid down beside her and began drawing circles on her back. "Talk to me, baby."

"Conner has a new girlfriend and you're having a baby," she muffled out, crying.

I continued drawing my finger along her back. "I'm not pregnant, Annie. I took a bunch of tests and only one came back positive and I guess I must've thrown all of them away except that one. I promise, I'm not pregnant. And with Conner, forget about him. He isn't worth it.. Obviously. I mean he chose a someone over the most perfect, humble, kind hearted, and gorgeous thirteen year old out there."

She turned over on her side to face me, "I don't ever want you to get pregnant. I know that's selfish, but I can't help it." She said, totally ignoring what I said about Conner.

"You don't want a brother or sister in the future?"

To be honest, I don't really picture me with another kid but Annie. I know this sounds terrible, but I don't think I can love someone as much as I do her.