Chapter Eight

Demi's POV

Wilmer stayed silent and just looked down at his hands, which made me annoyed.

"Whatever, we'll talk about it in the morning. Goodnight." I said, flopping over onto my side.

I felt pressure being let off the mattress as Wilmer turned off the bedside lamp.

I know it's terrible to go to bed angry, but it's not that I'm really angry, it's just that I'm annoyed. Beyond annoyed.

Maybe sleep will help.

•••

"Mom, mom." Annie said, barging in the room.

I looked over at the clock and it was only nine. Annie usually doesn't wake up until like eleven.

"What?"

"Can I go go carting with Conner today?" She asked.

I looked over at Wilmer, but he just smiled. Of course he would say it's okay for her to go because he's trying to get on her good side.

"Who's taking you?" I asked.

"Conner. He's almost sixteen and he has his permit and-"

"I don't think I'm comfortable with that." I said. "I'm actually not comfortable with that at all. You just met him yesterday! He's a stranger."

"B-b-but mom!" Annie fired.

Oh, great. Now I'm the bad guy. I just don't feel comfortable letting my almost fourteen year old daughter riding with a boy she literally just met yesterday.

"You don't know him, Annie."

"But Kate does!" She said. "And Kate is with Madison right now and they can come with us."

Kate is of course one of Annie and Madison's best friends. I mean, there would be no reason to not let her go now. If Kate knows him and she approves, then he must be a good guy.. Right?

"Come on, Dems. Let her go." Wilmer urged.

"Fine." I said.

"Thank you! I love you!" Annie squealed, running out of the room.

I waited a few moments then quickly looked over at Wilmer. "You're doing a really good job at pissing me off lately."

"I know nena." Wilmer smiled. "I'm sorry."

I sat up and faced him, ready to confront him about last night and get answers.

"So, what happened that night?"

Annie's POV

I put on my high waisted shorts and tucked in my tank top. All ready. I'm so nervous. Hopefully with Kate and Madison being there, it will be less awkward because I actually know someone.

Kate really doesn't personally know Conner like I sorta told Demi she did. She knows who he is, and by what she says him and his family are super great people.

I heard my phone start ringing from my back pocket, and when I pulled it out it was Conner.

"Hello?"

"I'm pulling in."

I smiled and hung up on him, growing more nervous by the minute. I opened my door and started running down the hallway, "BYE MOM I LOVE YOU!"

Every inch I got closer to the door, I got more and more nervous. This is like a for real date.

When I walkout outside, I saw Conner on the other side of the truck, opening the door for me. And the butterflies are at it again.