Chapter 31

Annie's POV

I'm awake but I refuse to believe it.. So I keep my eyes shut and try to make myself go back to sleep.

I feel myself tangled up into Marissa and it feels all to much like Demi. At first I started to pull away, but instead I keep myself there and I just pretend like Demi's home. I'm pretending like I'm hugging Demi and like my legs are tangled with hers instead of Marissa's. I inhale Marissa's shirt and act like it will smell like Demi, which oddly enough, it does.

I must've moved around to much because now Marissa's fingers are drawing circles in my back just like Demi does when I can't sleep. All of this is so sadly familiar and it hurts knowing Demi isn't here.

I won't be able to go back to sleep, so I untangle myself as the fingertips stop caressing my back.

When the pair of arms pull me back to them, my eyes fly open and I'm met with none other than Demi's.

DEMI. IM LOOKING AT DEMI. DEMI IS HERE RIGHT NOW. DEMI. MY MOM. SHES- SHES IN MY BED!!

I sit up so fast I'm sure I have whiplash and take a look at Demi who is smiling widely at me.

"Good Morning, baby girl!"

I refuse to let myself believe she's here. She can't be here. This- is this a dream? "Are- you're really here?"

"I'm home, baby. It's me. I'm back and I promise I'll never-"

I never realized how much I've missed Demi until I fling myself on to her and start slowly crying happy tears. "You don't k-know how much I've missed you."

She squeezed me tighter and started drawing circles in my back, "Baby girl, I've missed you way more than you missed me. Please don't cry. I'm home! You don't have to cry now.. Mamma's home."

I've never been so surprised and the only time I can remember being happier is when she got out of rehab.

I'm absorbing every moment of this and I just wish I could never let go. I didn't expect her to surprise me, I really thought she was going to wait till this evening.

"I'm so happy," I managed to get out over my muffled cries.

"Awe, baby! Me too," she gushed, "I've missed you so much!"

I smiled and let go of my hold on her. She was makeup free, her hair pulled back into a little bun, and she looked glowing. She looked better than when I left her, and for the first time I may actually think the week away did is good.

After a few minutes of hugging and silence she said, "So, do you want me to make you breakfast and then we can catch up on Kourtney and Khloe take the Hamptons?"

"Yes," I smiled.

"You haven't watched any without me, right?" She asked.

"Nope!" I said, sliding out of bed after Demi.

She nodded and slung her arm around my shoulder, leading me out of my room. "When did you get home?"

"Around three in the morning," she said.

"You were here that long?! And you didn't wake me up?"

She giggled, "You just looked so peaceful, I wouldn't want to interrupt!"

I rolled my eyes as we entered the kitchen and she began pulling bacon and eggs out of the fridge. I've missed her so much.

•••

After catching up on all of our shows sense the tour started, we're finally done.. And exhausted of watching TV. I'm not complaining about snuggling with Demi, though. Have I said how much I've missed her?