Chapter Six

Annie's POV

Me, Madison, Kyler, and Abby just put in the movie Scream 4. Our 'sleepover' is in the movie room basement, while Demi's sleepover is in her room. With Wilmer.

Yeah.

It had just gotten to the part where that chick is having her book signing when Maddie paused it.

"Will someone go get popcorn? I'm already scared."

See, Madison gets scared way to easily. I've barely gotten by with turning the lights off. You know how the 'snuggle seats' are only made for two? All four of us are sitting on one right now.

"I'll get it." I said. "Watch out for scream while I'm gone."

"Annie!" Maddie squealed.

I shook my head and laughed with the rest of them, walking up to the kitchen. Demi hasn't came down to say goodnight but I don't hear any headboards smacking against the wall so that's good, right?

I opened the cabinet door, only to see a huge ass spider on it. Like, it's so big it's not even moving. I felt my palms began to sweat and my knees weaken.

See, I can do scary movies. Haunted houses, even. But spiders? Forget it. Demi can't do spiders either, and I'm not even going to consider Madison, so that leaves me with one person.

"WILMER!" I scream, loud enough for all of LA to hear me. The spider didn't even flinch! It's not the least bit intimidated by me. It's one of those spiders that other humans that aren't afraid call, 'Small' but they're vicious.

"What is it?!" Wilmer asked, running in the kitchen and flipping on all the lights. Again, the bastard didn't even flinch! Not Wilmer, the spider. Even though..

"What's going on?" Demi asked, looking over the balcony thing from her room.

I looked at Wilmer and pointed to the spider. His eyes followed my finger and when he saw the spider, I think he screamed louder than I did, actually kinda making me laugh. Demi got a huge kick out of it, and is now video taping.

"Get it!"

"You get it!" Wilmer protested.

"You're the man!" I laughed.

He nodded and grabbed one of his boots beside the fridge and slowly walked up the cabinet. I'm so nervous. What if it like tries to kill us? I think he's just going to slowly squish it, determining by his slow pace.

Boy was I wrong.

He's smacking the shit out of the cabinet with that boot! I couldn't help it anymore: I fell to the floor belly laughing. It doesn't take much for me to laugh this hard.. But there's a Latino man smacking a 'tiny' spider with his big ass boot. It's kinda humerus.

"I.. I think I got it! Why are you laughing?" Wilmer asked, dropping his boot.

I rolled over on the cold kitchen tile so I was laying on my stomach and tried my hardest to calm down.

"Demi!" He called up, starting to laugh hard himself. "Did you see that fucking spider? It was a big ole bitch!"

That made me laugh even harder and I couldn't stop. Maybe I'm slap happy, I don't know. But I came here on a mission, so I should finish it.

I scrambled to my feet and wiped the tears that were under my eyes and pulled a popcorn bag down.

"I think it's a little late for popcorn. You should've had it when I was beating up that big ass spider." He sighed.

I slightly smiled and put the popcorn in the microwave. When I looked over at Wilmer, he had a paper towel hovering over the spider with his hands slightly shaking.