Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Annie's POV

My fingers hovered over the twitlonger trying to decide what I should do. It hurts that all of it are lies, but it hurts even worse that some Lovatics believe him.

Should I wake Demi up? Or wait till the morning? How will she react?

I turned my attention back to Twitter and started going through my mentions. For the first time, all I see is negative and hate.

"Lying bitch."

"Die fatass."

Someone even zoomed up on a picture of me sideways and said how much fatter I've gotten in the past few months. I flashbacked to when Demi took me and Mads back to school shopping and the six didn't fit me.

Then, someone compared a picture of me with no makeup to one where I do have makeup on and said how ugly I was without it.

Twelve mentions in a row were talking negatively about my weight and how ugly I am. Maybe people have been wanting to say this for a long time but couldn't find the excuse to do so.

Without waking Demi up, I walked down the hallway to my room. I stood in front of my full body mirror and picked apart my flaws one by one.

I then took the t-shirt I'm wearing over my head tossed it on my bed. I slipped my shorts off and looked at myself in only undergarments.

My fingers trailed from my bra line to my belly button and I squeezed the fat that was there. I wish there was something I could do to make myself pretty again.

I've always felt like I was a pretty-ish girl. I had confidence thanks to my mom. But now that I'm actually looking at myself, I see how ugly and fat I really am.

I dug my fingernails into my skin and then pulled them across my stomach, leaving stinging sensations.

I suddenly heard Demi's door open and I knew I had little time to hurry up and change before she walked in. I threw the nearest t-shirt over my head and slipped on some sweatpants before jumping onto my bed right when the door opened.

Demi stood in my doorway in pajamas with her phone pressed to her ear. She looked pissed and frankly, I'm kind of scared.

"This is all fucking bullshit!" Demi spat. "Okay, bye."

I looked up at her with worried eyes and her mad expression fell and turned into a sad one. I watched as she walked over and sat down beside me, rubbing circles on my back. "I saw the tweet."

My face fell as my eyes bubbled with tears. "None of its true."

"I know, baby girl. I don't want you getting on any social media until this does down." Demi said. "I think I know what im going to do."

I moved over so she could lay down beside me and I watched as she got on her own twitlonger and began typing away.

"I am sick to my stomach. If I had one wish for my daughter- it would be for her to never go through what I had to when I was younger. Unfortunately, I had to make a trip to the school yesterday because she had her first experience with bullying. It sickens me even worse when someone she thought she could trust made up these LIES about her and blasted it on social media. And the last thing that sickens me the most is that some of my "Lovatics" believe what this boy is saying and they're sending my daughter HATE!!! If you were a true Lovatic you wouldn't even hesitate to back her up. I don't consider ANY of you guys fans if you helped create this mess. If my daughter was a bully, I wouldn't be lying on Twitter right now. But, no, my daughter is a victim and I am truly DISGUSTED. With that, we're going on a social media break. Thanks to the true fans who have been backing her up."