Chapter Sixteen

After a week of planning, Demi's surprise party has finally came together and is only an hour away. We're at this little indoor/outdoor place Dianna rented for the night and I'm not sure what we're doing for entertainment purposes because Dallas is in charge of that and she hasn't told us what she came up with. And whatever it is, it isn't here yet. Again, the party is an hour away. It's Dallas we're talking about. I'm scared.

With the help of Marissa, I picked Demi out two presents. A new un-cracked iPhone and a bracelet with charms that have a microphone and a guitar on it and then we got a heart with mine and Demi's names bordered on it to add to it. I know, cheesy, but I think she'll like it.

"Guys!" We heard Dallas call from outside. "The surprises are here!"

Me, Di, Eddie, Marissa, and Madison exchanged a few nervous glances before slowly walking out the back.

A mother fucking pony and a taco truck.

"Dallas!" Di said, "What.. What.. This is like a seven year olds party!"

This shit is great. Bow down to Dallas bitches.

Marissa cannot stop laughing which, is making me laugh. A pony. And a taco truck. What.

"Demi acts like she's seven so.." Dallas shrugged then chirped up again, "There's one more thing. Come on!"

Dianna rubbed her temples while mumbling something, following Dallas. I'm just hoping it's like a freaking unicorn or something. It wouldn't surprise me if Dallas was planning on jumping out of the cake.

I walked around and saw men blowing up a huge bounce up slide. Dallas is queen of birthdays.

"Can Dallas plan my birthday party?" I asked, overly impressed.

"Hey, it is next month." Dallas winked.

"I expect you to do something huge." I joked, turning back around and following the rest of them back in the building.

We stood around a table as Dianna and Eddie finished the little sandwiches and snacks. I really hope this party turns out good.

"Ann, come here." Marissa said.

I walked over and Mar pulled me down on her lap and gave me a hug.

"Is something wrong?" She asked.

I haven't had time to tell her about mine and Demi's conversation about accepting Wilmer and I don't plan on it because even though Mar is one of the most understanding people on the whole planet, I still don't think she'd get it.

"Nothing." I said.

"You've seemed a little off ever sense that one night. Are you okay? Is there something you want to talk about?"

I looked around the room and saw Di and Eddie talking amongst themselves as they were arranging things and Madison was talking to Matthew who just walked in moments ago. This could be a perfect time to tell her. No one is listening, they're all minding their own business. I was planning on telling her some time soon, anyway. But, as Dallas came in, squealing about this hot guy texting her, I knew it was a bad time.

"No. I'm fine." I lied.

•••

"Guys, they're about to pull in!" Eddie yelled over everyone outside.

It's been a very good turn out, to be honest. Our closest family and friends are here, which makes it even more awesome and I'm super excited because I haven't seen Demi all day.

I watched as Wilmer's, yeah Wilmer's, black car pulled up beside us and everyone yelled, 'Surprise!'

When Demi got out, she had the most shocked and happy expression ever. It made me all happy and mushy inside.