Chapter Fourteen

Wilmer's POV

I can't help but think that this was my fault. If I would've kept my word and came back when both of them were ready to talk, none of this would've happened.

I pulled into my driveway, my headlights glazing over my house and then landing on my front steps where I saw... Annie.

A billion questions filled my head with only one way to answer them. So, with that, I hopped out of my car, making Annie's head pick up and look at me. She had mascara stains all down her cheeks and her nose was tinted a bright pink.

Now, what happens next, is something I never would've imagined to happen in a million years. Even if she did except me or forgive me, I would never imagine this.

She ran up and hugged me, really tight. Us Latino men don't cry, but man, this was really hard to fight back the tears.

"Annie, are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just want Demi." She sniffled. "Will you take me?"

"Of course." I said, arms still wrapped around her. "Of course."

She pulled away and started getting in the car. I sent a quick text to Demi telling her she was okay before getting in beside Annie and pulled out of the driveway.

"What happened? Why'd you come here?"

"I was mad. I was so freakin' mad. So I left. And I walked. And walked. And by the time I came to my senses, I was lost. Soon a gang of teenage dirtbags came up to me on bikes and were saying weird things and following me. Finally, I recognized your street from when me and Demi toil-.. Visited. I somehow lost them and here I am. Did Demi notice I was gone?"

The last sentence seemed like a joke because of the last few hours.

"Oh yeah. Everyone is at the house. We've been looking for hours and Demi just now let us have a break. She was about to call the SWAT team."

Annie gave me a frightened look, which made me chuckle.

"I'm kidding." I said. "But we have been looking for you. Demi's scared and so upset. She thought you were hurt, Annie."

"I'm sorry."

Demi's POV

I planned it out. I knew what I was going to say as soon as she walked in the door. I planned on scolding her, discipline.. But I knew once I saw her all of that wouldn't matter anymore as long as I had my baby girl in my arms. That's how it's always been.

Flashback

(third person)

"Annie, come on, eat your food." Demi said, from across the table.

The Da La Garzas's and Lovato's were at a restaurant for dinner and Demi was growing frustrated because her daughter Annie wouldn't eat.

"I am." Annie whined as she poked her meat with the fork.

"Annie, stop playing. Eat!"

"But I had chippys before we came." Annie complained.

"I told you if you ate those chips, you had to eat all your dinner!" Demi protested, growing angry. She had a long day with all the media growing weary about her disorders. Demi was kind of being hypocritical, telling Annie to eat when clearly Demi wasn't either.

"But I'm not hungry!" Annie groaned loudly, giving out a frustrated kick.

"That's it." Demi said, standing up. "Bathroom, now. Let's go."