Chapter 22

All I wanted to do was help.

Ruby’s POV

I headed upstairs toward my bedroom to hear Dad’s cries. 

“I just wanted to see if he was alright. I wanted to help him and he just pushed us away.” He cried. Dad went to see Niall after everything that has happened? Why would Niall push Dad away. I know Niall is still upset, but he needed the lads in his life. He needed me too. 

I walked quietly over to Niall’s bedroom door and knocked. I heard him groan and yell. 

“Go away, I don’t want to talk!” I ignored that comment and knocked until I heard his footsteps and he opened the door. As he opened the door, he looked like he was going to yell and scream. His expression changed when he saw me. 

“Niall, can we talk?” I asked, quietly. He nodded and opened the door slightly. It just gave me enough room to get inside the room. He shut the door and locked it. He went and sat on his bed, pulling me along with him. I sat on the edge of the bed and looked at him. He still had the same clothes on as last night and this morning. The same with the greasy hair. 

“I heard that Dad came to see you?” He looked down at the covers on his bed. 

“Yeah so did Liam”. I grabbed one of his hands and he looked back up at me with tears in his eyes.

“Why did you push them away?” 

“They hadn’t come to see if I have been okay. It really hurts because I thought we were all best mates.” 

“I know it hurts, but you need them and they need you. We fixed things and maybe you guys need to fix things too.”

“I’m not sure, what happens if you know we end up fighting again and we’re not friends.” I came closer to Niall. 

“Let’s figure that out when that happens.” 

“M’kay.” He pulled me into a hug. I missed his Horan hugs, but not his smell. He needed a shower. I pushed him away, he expression turned to confusion. 

“Shower now.” His lips turning into a smile.

* * * 

Niall had just gone into his bathroom and I was lying down on his bed waiting for him. I grabbed his phone, hoping he was still logged on on Twitter.

I unlocked his phone, and pushed the Twitter icon. It was still logged in! Yay! 

I could still hear the water on, so I quickly made a tweet.

@NiallOfficial: hacked by @Ruby_Styles ... sorry Ni ;) x

His twitter began to explode once I posted it. I just hoped he won’t get angry or upset with me because I did that. I began to scroll through his news feed, but there wasn’t much going on. I got out of that application and went to the Camera icon. I began to take selfies, not realising the water in the bathroom had turned off. I had probably taken 10 selfies when I heard the door open. 

“Having fun there?” Niall’s voice asked. I looked up from the phone to see that he just had a white towel on. He had a smug look on his face.

“Yeah. Go and put some clothes on!” I rolled my eyes at him.

“I can’t when you’re in the room!” He laughed. I got up from where I was on the bed and walked swiftly out the door before saying.

“Meet you downstairs in 10.” I smiled at him and as I walked out I saw that Dad, Louis, Zayn and Liam were just coming out of Dad’s bedroom.