Chapter 16

I walked into my homeroom to find the cutest guy ever. 

Ruby’s POV

I went to the nearest seat I could see, which was behind the cute guy. There was a girl with brunette hair and green eyes sitting next to me. 

“Hey, I’m Lindsay.” This girl told me.

I smiled at her. “Oh hi there. I’m Ruby.” 

Before Lindsay could reply, the teacher walked into the classroom and started talking.

“Class, today we have a new student. Be nice to her please. Ruby could you please stand.” The teacher asked me.

I awkwardly got up from my seat and introduced myself. Everyone turned around to look at me. I was really nervous. “I’m Ruby Styles, Harry Styles’s daughter and I’m 16.”

Everyone gasped when I said “Harry Styles’s daughter.” 

“Thank you Ruby.” I sat back down and blushed. 

After homeroom, Lindsay asked me for my timetable.

“Let me see. Yay! We have Geography, Maths, English, Music and History together. You’re on your own in RE though.” She told me.

“Thats good, what do we have first?” I asked.

“I have PE and you have RE. Don’t worry, you can go with my boyfriend, Dylan.” 

Bummer. I really wanted to be in Lindsay class first. 

“I’ll go and get Dylan so you guys can walk together.”

I nodded. After 2 minutes, Lindsay came back with the cute guy. Dylan.

“Hey, I’m Dylan. You must be Ruby. We were in homeroom together?” Dylan told me.

“Yeah, I’m Ruby.” 

“I have to go guys, but talk to you at recess.” Lindsay yelled as she walked away from us.

“Let’s go Ruby.” He told me.

I nodded as I carried my books to my next class. When we arrived at the classroom, Dylan went in front of me, he put his stuff down on the table and gestured for me to come and sit next to him. Before I could sit, a girl with blonde straight hair pushed me out of the way and started talking to Dylan. Dylan didn’t notice and started talking to the blonde. I quickly sat down by myself and when the teacher asked me to stand I did what I was told. 

It felt like hours, even though it was 45 minutes. Mr Harris told us we could leave, I walked quickly out the door to Lindsay who was waiting for me and Dylan. 

“Where’s Dylan?” Lindsay asked me.

I shook my head, which meant a “I don’t know?” We walked to our lockers and put our stuff away and went off to recess. 

“Lindsay, where are we going?” I asked.

“You’re gonna meet some of my friends.” We walked up towards a group of girls and guys.

“Hey Everyone, this is Ruby Styles. That’s Rebecca, John, Dylan who you know, Jess,  Paige, Vanessa and Ariana.” Lindsay introduced. 

“Hi.” I spoke. They all mumbled their hello’s.

I looked over to Rebecca. She was the one who pushed me out of the way in class. She just glared at me. After 20 minutes of talking, the bell went off. Lindsay and I rushed off to get our books. Geography and Maths. Fun! I do like Maths, but it’s not my favourite subject. As before the teacher walked inside and asked me to stand and introduce myself. 

After Geography, I did the same for Maths. Just before Maths ended, Lindsay whispered to me, “I have to go and meet someone for a few minutes at lunch, but just go to the place where we were at recess. Everyone should be there.” 

I nodded. Lindsay walked off and I wandered to the spot. I saw Rebecca sitting there with Paige. 

“Hey Paige and Rebecca! How are you guys?” I asked nicely. I wanted to make some friends because I didn’t want to be alone.

“Great, what about you?” Paige asked me.

“Good.” I smiled back to them. Rebecca fake-smiled at me.

“I’ll be back in a minute.” Paige told Rebecca and I.

When Paige wasn’t to be seen, Rebecca started yelling at me.

“You stay away from Dylan. You got it? I always sit next to him in class. He belongs to me.” She warned me. I looked down. I hated this girl to pieces.

“I’m not even interested in Dylan. Lindsay’s his girlfriend, so she’s his. Lindsay asked him to walk me to class, I wanted to be friends with him and nothing more. I have a boyfriend anyways.” I said harshly.

“Let me guess, would your boyfriend be Niall Horan?”

I didn’t reply. She laughed at me. 

“Harry Styles’s daughter is going out with Niall Horan!” She yelled. 

Before I could get up, Lindsay came running. She must of overheard our conversation. She came up to Rebecca and slapped her face. 

“Get out of our group. I knew you were after Dylan. If you think you could get away with that, there’s something wrong with you and also LEAVE RUBY ALONE!” She screamed into Rebecca’s face. Rebecca got up and ran away from us with tears streaming down her face. Lindsay came and sat next to me. 

“I’m sorry Ruby about her behaviour. It’s your first day and you have to put up with her.”

“It’s fine. I have put up with a lot from my old Dad over the years.” 

“What do you mean? “Old Dad”.” 

I took a deep breath and I explained to her what I meant.

After explaining everything, she had tears running down her face.

No-one else joined us for lunch, so we walked to our lockers to grab our books. We both had Music. After 45 minutes, we were dismissed and we went to homeroom, where Dylan was. Dylan came up to me and Lindsay. 

“Babe, I would never cheat on you with Rebecca. Ruby, forget about Rebecca. She’s a mean bitch who only after me. She doesn’t deserve friends.” Dylan told us.

I nodded and so did Lindsay.

I walked towards the front gate to find Louis and Harry in the car with Paul. Paul got out and opened the door for me. As I got inside, Rebecca tried getting in. Paul pushed her backwards and onto my bottom. I laughed at her and we drove off.

------------------------

A/N:

I need 3 votes and 1 comment for the next chapter. 

I'll update next Friday because I finish school early!

Love you all,

- jac x