Chapter 11

Ruby’s POV

I took a deep breath before getting out of the car. Nan wasn’t coming with me. It was just me and that scared me. 

“Call me when you want to be picked up. Just try to get along with him and the others and if it doesn’t work, don’t worry because I’ll fix everything.” I nodded and pulled myself together. I walked slowly over to the front door and took another deep breath to calm my nerves. I turned around to wave Nan goodbye as she drove off.

I knocked loudly on the door, hoping no one would be there. No one came to the door, but within 30 seconds after Bella came.

“Ruby. I’m glad to see you took my advice after all. You even brought your stuff with you!” Bella’s cheerful voice spoke. I looked down at my bag of presents and then back at her and shook my head. 

“I’m just here to see my Dad. I’m not here to stay.” I replied. She nodded and let me inside.

I walked inside to see the hallway looking like always, same with when I began to walk down the hallway to the living area and kitchen. Bella trailing my steps.

I could hear Niall and Liam yelling at each other.

“Liam! The Christmas tree isn’t perfect! Nothing is perfect, just like in that Selena Gomez song! Do you want some ‘Nutella’ ?” 

“You’re definitely not perfect! Keep that spoon away from me!” Liam laughed.

I took once again another deep breath as I walked in to see Niall sitting on the couch eating ‘Nutella’ with a spoon and Liam was placing a few presents underneath the tree.

Once Niall saw me, he dropped the spoon from his mouth. Liam didn’t see me, but he saw the spoon fall.

“I’m never sitting on that part of the couch again!” Liam’s voice squeaked. Mine and Niall’s eyes were just looking straight at each other. 

“I didn’t think you would come home so soon Ruby.” Niall spoke, his clear blue eyes still staring straight at me. Liam turned around to see me. 

When he did see me, he came running.

“Rubies! I missed you! It’s not the same without you!” I embraced him into a hug. His scent coming to my nose, once I had taken a deep breath. I had missed him. 

“I’m just here to drop off some presents I got with Nan today.” I pulled away from Liam, to look back at Niall. I wished Niall had given me a hug like Liam did. He didn’t even smile at me. Talk about awkward. 

“Harry has just gone to get some pizza. He should be home any minute.” Bella spoke behind me. She walked over to where Niall was sitting and took the ‘Nutella’ from him and began to eat it with her fingers.

“Hey! Get your own!” Niall snatched it back.

“Caring is sharing!” Bella grabbed it. I shook my head and leaned into Liam’s chest. He whispered to me, “Come upstairs with me for a second.” I nodded and we walked away from the fight.

* * *

“Bella wants to fix things with you.” Liam and I were sitting on my bed. 

I nodded. “I think you should both fix things because it will be good for you, Bella and everyone.” Liam spoke.

“Has Niall said anything about me lately?” I asked. I had a feeling Niall and my relationship would be over.

“Not really, but something has happened. I’m not sure if I should tell you through.” Liam looked down, avoiding my eyes.