PROLOGUE II

A/N: This is a long one.

Word count: 6658

Three months passed, and Snape watched his adopted daughter as she sat on the couch reading the book, which she had almost finished. He was wondering what kind of superpowers the girl had to be reading a first-year potions book and understanding it, at the age of two.

Dumbledore had given him free reign on how he wanted to teach Charlotte, she was still little, and still struggled pronouncing big words so he thought it would be better if she read books first, rather than giving her a wand.

"Daddy –" Charlotte said looking up, and breaking Snape out of his chain of thoughts, as he turned to her. "– we use many plants in these potions, do they teach plants at the magic school?" Snape nodded, and stood up.

"Yes, the study of plants is called Herbology, and the name of the magic school is Hogwarts."

"Hogwarts" She whispered under her breath, and Snape saw a small smile. "What about the dead animals that are used? Do we have to go hunting?" Snape smiled and shook his head.

"No we don't have to go hunting for that. The ingredients we use in potions are sold in what we called Apothecary. I have a very close friend who owns an Apothecary and he provides the ingredients. Come on now, it's time for us to leave."

Charlotte jumped down the couch and walked towards the stairs. She stood at the foot, and closed her eyes, as she placed her hand on the railing and started walking up. Snape knew he had to help her with this, because once they reached Hogwarts, the stairs won't leave her alone.

After an hour, Snape stood in the living room, dressed in his usual black clothing, and Charlotte beside him wearing simple black frock. Snape had asked her why she had begged to wear black, when she had said she was a big girl, now that she was going to study, and would not wear the red frock he wanted her to wear.

"I am going to study, so I have to look big." She had said, and Snape had tried to control his laughter then.

He could not believe how much attached he had got to the young girl, in such a small amount of time. She had even mimicked the way he walked, and showed him this is how she was going to walk, and show everyone she was a big girl.

"Ready big girl?" he asked in a teasing voice, and the tiny girl gave a very firm nod.

"Indeed." She said, remembering Dumbledore's words, and Snape picked her up, shaking his head a little, and her bag in his other hand. He hadn't yet bought her a trunk, thought he would along with her wand. Stepping into the fireplace, he saw Charlotte's eyes widen.

"Close your eyes and mouth tightly." Charlotte placed one hand on each eye, and pursed her lips, and Snape flooed directly to Dumbledore's office.

It was exactly like Snape remembered, big and unorganised. Walking out, he tapped her nose, and Charlotte opened her eyes to see many people sitting there. Her eyes widened, and she buried her head in crook of Snape's neck, and Snape sighed. He looked around the room, and there stood almost all the professors, who were staring at him wide eyed. "Open your eyes Char." Charlotte shook her head, still not looking up.

"No there are people. They will hurt me." She whispered, and Snape stroked her back, comforting her.

"No one is going to hurt you angel." He whispered in her ear. "I'm here. I won't let anyone hurt you." Charlotte slowly pulled away from him, and opened her eyes, and looked towards everyone in the room. Her eyes fell on McGonagall who was smiling at her, and Charlotte grinned.

"Minnie!!' McGonagall approached the girl, and Snape passed Charlotte to McGonagall's arms, the women turned around to look at everyone else.

"Hello Charlotte, how have you been?"