CHAPTER 15: FASTER DAYS

Word Count: 3929

Dear mum,

I am just writing to apologise for my behaviour. It was not right of me to say something like that, but I've changed my mind. And it's because of someone.

Did you know about Callista!? I believe you did. Theo told me yesterday. Is that why your views about the Purebloods and muggles have changed? Does father know about it too? I am so confused right now. I told Theo something – well something I wasn't sure how to feel about, until he told me about Callista's fate. It is real despicable thing to do. What am I to tell father about this? Or do I not tell him anything?

Please write back soon.

Yours,

Draco

----------*----------

Harry walked towards the Ravenclaw tower with Ron and Hermione. The day had been bad enough tiring with Lockhart's nonsense and Ginny. Oh, how could he forget what had happened to Lockhart this morning. It was the greatest thing he had seen, and knew enough to know that it was the work of the twins and Lee Jordan. Charlotte would have loved it.

Entering, it was loud and dark. Music, people dancing, aroma of food. He was going to enjoy every piece of this.

"This is quite loud" said Hermione behind him. "Maybe we should get out."

"No" said Ron as they walked towards the food table. Slytherins sat there occupying the sofa, as Ron picked up a glass of a beverage with a huge grin on his face. "Finally"

"Ron!" called the twins as they walked towards them with a huge smirk plastered on their faces. "Keep that down, or we're writing to mum."

"Why?" asked Harry. "It's just a drink"

"With a little bit of alcohol," said Fred.

"No one under third year is allowed to drink that." added George, teasing Ron, who hadn't placed the drink down.

"Oh shove off." Ron placed the glass to his lips and chugged it down. Fred and George looked impressed, Hermione just rolled her eyes, and Harry couldn't help but smile. "That was good" he said placing the empty glass on the table.

"Not bad" said the twins with proud smiles on their faces. "Good job"

It didn't take time for the three of them to find a corner and sit there talking about the Chamber. That seemed the only topic, interesting any of them these days. They still didn't know what was inside the chamber, who was doing these things or where it was.

Harry's eyes diverted around the room and settled on one person he did not expect to see in a dark corner. He looked deep in thought and there someone sat there beside him Harry couldn't see.

Harry had always wondered about the question of why Charlotte was best friends with Malfoy. He was a git. Proud, arrogant, bully and a complete arse.

He had always thought Dudley Dursley was the worst thing that was going to happen to him, and there comes Draco Malfoy acting like a spoiled little shit.

Charlotte seemed to like his company though. Dear god that girl was extremely confusing. As Hermione pointed out, she did act like a Pureblood, but she wasn't as bad as Malfoy. She wasn't as laid back as Ron either. Somewhere in between maybe? Or maybe completely out of the whole box.

"Harry" said Ron snapping him out of the trance. Turning to the side he saw both Hermione and Ron staring at him with weird look. "You're staring mate"