CHAPTER 5: HUMANITY'S DARKER SHADE

Word Count: 5149. 

I know, a little bit longer than I thought it would be. Enjoy though :)

TW: Mention of misogynistic behaviour, rape culture, homicide, mental health issues and mild stress disorders.

Snape had an invitation from Lucius Malfoy to join him for a drink. He knew Charlotte had something to do again and he was going to be left alone. Better a drink than nothing at all.

"Char!" he called and her bedroom door opened. "You're going out right?" she nodded vigorously in a hurry. He didn't understand what was going on with her; so he let her be. "I'm going to be out, so I'd advice for you to have lunch out too."

"Alright" She replied with a smile "Have fun with Mr. Malfoy." She closed the door and Snape rolled his eyes.

Walking in his room, he closed the door behind him. It was nothing like Charlotte's bedroom which had light vibe to it. His was dark, and gothic. Black, maroon, brown, green had strong hold in the four walls.

Walking towards his closet he thought about wearing his usual black cloak. But Lucius had asked him to wear anything but black. Fine. He pulled out dark grey robes, and underneath he wore pants and white button up.

Walking down the stairs, Charlotte sat on the sofa trying her boots' lace and she turned to her with a taunting smile.

"Don't" he warned, so she laughed and said nothing.

He reached the Leaky Cauldron fifteen minutes after Charlotte. Lucius had asked him to be there at the elite bar and he walked towards 'Ancient and Noble'

"Finally" said Lucius as he reached. He stood there with his usual green robes Snape had seen the man wear since forever. "Let's go"

Entering, they took a seat in the secluded area, and Lucius ordered drinks for both of them. The muffling charm activated around them and his old friend looked at him with tired eyes.

"What's wrong?" asked Snape picking up Schletters Fine Whisky. A fine brew.

"Do you remember your first year?" asked the blond man in front of him who sipped his own drink. Snape nodded trying to remember. It was a long time ago. "And I told you that Nott was not who I thought he was, and advised you to stay away from him?"

Shit. Snape was in no mood of discussing the male chauvinist pig. Not when he was out to have a good day. But looking at Lucius' face, he didn't feel like turning the conversation around and talking about something else. Lucius looked extremely troubled.

"Vaguely" he replied.

"The only reason I'm telling this to you Severus is because you're one of my closest friends, and I might just need you to do something for me."

"Alright"

"Will you help me?"

"Sweet Merlin Lucius, just tell me what happened!"

"Few weeks ago," Lucius took a large gulp of his drink. "He came over along with his son and Blaise. Said he was going to take the boys on a fun trip for two days"

Snape took a big sip of his own drink. He knew where the story was going, and there had to be a lot more to the story than what Charlotte knew.

"I had forgotten my own experience of the trip after me seventh year. But that was when I was age, I knew right from wrong," Snape wanted to snort, but didn't. "I wasn't stupid, these kids are just thirteen."

"What happened then?"

"I let Draco go. Thought he would have some fun with his friends, but when he was back, he looked – well, like he'd prefer dying than anything. I tried to talk to him about what happened, but he wouldn't speak. The three boys spent nights at the manor, they still visit every day. Seems like they're trying to recover"