CHAPTER 13: QUIRRELL

Word Count: 4997

Entering the castle, Charlotte walked towards the great hall, with Hermione by her side. Draco was with his Slytherin friends, and had agreed to join her and Theo for Imbolc.

"So how was your break?"

Hermione gave her the whole details of how they celebrated Christmas.

"But I just hope that Harry and Ron haven't got themselves into any trouble." She said as the two walked towards the Gryffindor table. The dinner was yet to start, as the two girls settled down before their best friends.

"You're back" said Ron and Charlotte chuckled.

"Of course, how was your holiday?" she asked and Ron gave her a wide grin.

"Brilliant, we have so much to tell you two" he said excited, and the girls looked and each other and back at the boys, surprised that it didn't seem like trouble, and curious to know what they had found out.

"Forget that," said Harry as he turned to her. "How was your stay at the Malfoys'?" Charlotte smiled with an enthusiastic nod.

"It was the best Yule of my life." She exclaimed. "I've never had this much fun, and meet new people." She saw Harry go red and a little angry, as he gave her a nod and looked down at the table.

"Welcome back from the break" said Dumbledore from the front.

Food appeared in front of them, and Charlotte dived in. Everyone started plating, but Harry sat opposite to her staring at his plate. Sighing she started plating his plate, and he looked up.

"Are you really going to be mad at me for having a good break H? Or is it because I was at the Malfoys?" Ron and Hermione were now listening, and waiting for what Harry had to say. He started eating, seemingly uninterested in the question. Sighing, she turned to Ron. "Anything about Flamel?" Ron shook his head.

"Nothing at all, but we did find a cool mirror." said Ron. "It showed me I was the head boy, and quidditch captain. I was holding both the house cup, and the quidditch cup, it was bloody brilliant." Charlotte smiled.

"That's amazing, where did you find it?"

"I don't really remember, Harry led me to it."

The dinner went on, and Charlotte kept glancing at the raven-haired boy every now and then. She wasn't sure what he thought about his gift, and then she remembered about the presents and turned to Ron and Hermione.

"Hey 'mione'" she said and Hermione turned to her. "How did you like the book?" the Gryffindor girl beamed with vigorous nod.

"It was amazing Charlotte, thank you." Charlotte could see from the corner of her eye that Harry was looking at her intently. "But I'm not sure why you told me to wait." The bushy haired girl whispered.

Charlotte said nothing, just smiled. "Hey Ron, mind teaching me chess?" the dessert was almost over, and it was about time everyone started leaving the hall, for a good night sleep. The four left the hall, and walked a few steps towards the stairs, when Harry spoke up.

"Char, can I talk to you for a minute?" he asked and Charlotte turned to him with a raised eyebrow. Ron and Hermione were waiting for their two friends. "Alone" he added, and Charlotte bid Ron and Hermione a good night, and walked back towards the hall entrance.

"Hey H"

"Char, I don't like that you are friends with Malfoy" he said getting straight to the point. She sighed and nodded, when he continued. "He's a git, and from what Ron told me, his family is awful."

"I understand why you might not like him" she said and followed Harry towards the main entrance. "He's a bully and not the best person to interact with, and well racist, but he's a great friend of mine and he's family isn't as awful. Maybe to everyone else, but they weren't bad to me" she said and sat down on the bench following the boy.