CHAPTER 6: A WEIRD REUNION

Word Count: 5310

Next day after telling Snape that she won't be back for lunch, and after quite a lot of questioning for the reason, she walked in the Leaky Cauldron. Ted had asked her to meet on the muggle side of the bar, and she stepped out on the side of the city she had only visited once.

"Are you ready kiddo?" asked the man. She had her wand tugged up her right sleeve, and Sirius' new wand on her left. The only reason to bring it with her was because it was untraceable. Most of the dark stuff usually was.

"Absolutely"

They walked in a dark, narrow alley which smelled like old garbage. Ted extended his hand for her to take and they were standing in a descent neighbourhood in a matter of seconds.

"Are you sure about the knight bus?" he asked a little concerned but she flashed him a carefree smile and a firm nod.

"You don't need to worry about me Ted" she replied. "I'm sure I can handle myself."

"What about the trace?" Charlotte pulled out Sirius' wand and waved in his face.

"Untraceable."

"All the best kiddo" said the man giving her a smile, and pat on her head like petting a dog and disappeared with a pop. She turned towards the street and took a deep breath.

"You can do this Char" she told herself and started walking towards the number four, Privet Drive. "Keep your temper in check."

To fit in with the muggles, she had worn a fade blue jeans pant and a navy-blue T-shirt she had bought for Sirius.

Walking towards the numbered house, she looked around a bit. Clean windows and roof; it looked decent. The garden was mowed had a fair-few flowers. Walking towards the front door she knocked three times and took a step back.

The door opened, and stood there a tall woman, with a long neck. Her eyes were narrowed at Charlotte, as she looked the girl up and down as if inspecting.

"What can I do for you?" asked the woman in pitchy voice. A sweet fake smile on the woman's face, which Charlotte made sure she returned.

"You must be Mrs. Dursley" said Charlotte in a sweet voice, trying to act innocent. She had heard enough about Petunia Dursley from Snape, Sirius and Harry to know how to fool the women. "I'm here to meet a friend"

"You know my Diddykins?" she asked, and then turned a little red. "I mean Dudley?" Charlotte, rather than answering anything verbally just shrugged. "Oh come in," said Petunia Dursley opening the door wider and welcoming her. She was hostile enough, maybe Charlotte didn't need to threaten them.

"He's in the living room." Said women leading her to the living room, where a fat blob sat staring at the T.V. like no tomorrow. "Oh Diddykins, look you have a visitor." The boy didn't even turn, and Petunia Dursley flustered a little. "Oh, he will join, would you like to have some tea, maybe tell me how you know him?"

"Thank you Mrs. Dursley"

She was led into the dining table which was right next to the living room, and opposite to her was the kitchen where stood Harry, a cloth over his shoulder, staring at the kitchen counter.

"Oh don't mind him" said the woman gesturing to her best friend, and she head Harry snort. "Get two teas."

Harry looked up at that, and his eyes widened. Petunia had her back at the boy, as she stared at her loving son, while Charlotte gestured for Harry to stay quiet and gave him a mischievous wink.

Harry chuckled and placed a pot on the stove.

"Any flavour?"

"Cinnamon and honey please"