CHAPTER 11: CATCHING THE STRANGER'S EYE

Word Count: 7114

Note: Just a note that I have no idea how Waltz goes. So whatever I've tried writing is the result of watching a few Youtube videos. If you know how it goes, let me know. I'm willing to make necessary changes for the sake of the dance form.:)

The days to the Yule ball neared. Charlotte and Harry met at the woods every day, and she taught him new things along with practicing the old.

It was Saturday, and it was the day Charlotte was going to go shopping. She had asked McGonagall, but the woman had turned down saying she had a lot of things to get done, after giving a lecture about the importance of time management, and Charlotte should have started the preparations early on. That left the girl with only one option she could trust when it came to dressing. Narcissa Malfoy.

Charlotte had sent a letter a few days ago, and she had agreed to meet the woman in Hogsmeade, and from there they were going to shop in Diagon Alley.

"Good morning, Mrs. Malfoy" said Charlotte as she approached the woman. "Thank you for your last-minute help. I was so tight on schedule; I couldn't get around the dress."

"Oh, nonsense" said the women in a dismissive tone. "I'm happy to help."

Narcissa Malfoy apparated in Diagon Alley, and lead Charlotte to a shop, she couldn't read the name of.

"Welcome to Belleza" said a lady behind the counter as they entered.

"Spanish, nice" muttered Charlotte under her breath as she looked around, and saw Narcissa Malfoy giving her a ghost smile.

"We're looking for a beautiful grey gown, lace possibly" answered the woman and Charlotte turned to look at her surprised.

"Lilac grey actually," corrected Charlotte, and turned towards the older woman, who was already looking at her a little surprised "You knew I was going to get lace?"

"Well, it would look great on you." She replied with a smile, as the two were led inside the shop. "So, have you and Draco been practicing?"

"Practicing what?" asked Charlotte, as a tape took her measurements.

"The dance, for the ball I mean"

"I'm not going to the ball with him Mrs. Malfoy" Narcissa Malfoy's eyes widened at that, and she let out a sigh, and shook her head.

"He hasn't asked you yet?"

"Nope" said Charlotte with a shake of her head with a humorous smile. "If he doesn't ask by dinner, then I might just ask him myself."

"So you do want to go with my son." Said the older woman with a smile, and Charlotte looked down, flushed. "No need to hide Charlotte, I know you like him"

"Oh, thank god" said Charlotte under her breath, as she looked back at her. "I thought I was going to embarrass myself" Narcissa Malfoy chuckled, and shook her head. From that Charlotte could tell, Draco had her smile, the grin that seemed like it held all the secrets.

"Not so soon. Alright, what type of dress do you want?"

Charlotte spent half an hour giving explanation of kind of dress she wanted, and then the two left the shop after paying. The dress was going to be ready in twelve hours, and sent through speed owls. Meaning, Charlotte would have a dress by her bed, before she would wake up.

There wasn't anything else Charlotte had to buy, so she thanked the woman for her help, and came back to school.

Walking towards the forest, she reached their practicing area, and saw Harry already practicing there on his own.