CHAPTER 12: THE SAMHAIN INCIDENT

Word Count: 4642

It was first Hogsmeade trip. Charlotte wasn't supposed to go, and neither was Harry. McGonagall, in the name of detention, had instructed both of them to get started with their respective jobs. Currently, the only job Charlotte had in hand was letting Sirius in school through the passage she had created through the tree trunk.

McGonagall had thought it would be great for Sirius to sneak in the Gryffindor tower when everyone else would be enjoying the feast. Charlotte had no idea why she had agreed as in her opinion it was a stupid plan. It would have been better for both Harry and Charlotte if they were to go check the tower for the traitor rat, but McGonagall was not the one to listen.

"Sirius is more powerful than either of you" McGonagall had said and Charlotte had looked at her with a surprised look. "Don't give me that look Char, I know about your skill set, but none of you should be under suspicion if something were to go wrong. Sirius would think the same" she said not leaving and space for either of the teenagers to argue. She was right at some point.

Charlotte wore deep rose-pink robes this year. She had charmed her white blonde hair to strawberry blonde to match the aesthetic. Rose pink and gold gave her pale complexion a different kind of look making her look as if she was blushing.

Making her way towards the altar first, which she had been working on simultaneously along with the passage, she saw Draco, Theo, Blaise and Millicent sitting there. Charlotte wasn't sure how to react. She was angry that Draco had told everyone about their place to the group, but then noticed she had been getting a little possessive over him since last few days and pushed the thought aside.

"Finally," said Blaise standing up as he looked at Charlotte who looked at him confused and then towards angry and irritated Draco.

"What's wrong? How was the Hogsmeade –" she stopped and stared at her best friend remembering he had a date. "How was it?" she asked in a small voice and Draco looked at her angry.

"I don't want to talk about it" he spat standing up. Charlotte turned to Millicent with a confused look and the girl only shrugged back.

"Alright, alright, no need to go basilisk on me" said Charlotte trying to calm him down. "I'm only here to pray you know. Didn't expect any of you here actually"

"Yeah" said Theo sheepishly scratching the back of his neck. "Draco looked annoyed, and we followed. Didn't know you two built something like this" he said looking around and Charlotte shrugged with a smile as she sat down beside Millicent.

"Built it long back, but now I do have a few things to discuss, but first we prey"

The five third years prayed for fifteen minutes. Eyes closed and trying to connect and thank the spirits, they felt more alive. Of course, not literally, because that needed a lot of work.

"What was that you wanted to talk?" asked Millicent.

"So, I was thinking that during out officiating," she looked each of them in the eye. "We could use runes. Dray told me the process and there's a lot of energy drain I would not want to go through."

"But the runes used in blood bonds tend to the darker side" said Theo, and Charlotte nodded. "They're also not legal."

"I know"

"They're traceable"

"Not with the room, no"

"When did you start side-tracking from your moral path?" Millicent joked and Charlotte smirked.

"I never had one."

"Alright, does this conversation have a point?" asked Draco irritated, and Charlotte gave him a strange look but nodded.