CHAPTER 7: SAMHAIN

Word count: 4197

One of Charlotte's favourites, and her emotionally traumatising day was finally here. Things had been happening faster in Hogwarts than Charlotte had experienced before.

After the dog incident two nights before she had slept in the Gryffindor common room, and walked back to the Ravenclaw tower early morning.

It was Samhain and Charlotte woke up early, but rather than going back to sleep she went to the black lake to see the sunrise.

It was dark as Charlotte sat down on the lone side of the lake where her plants were. Sitting beside the seven flower plants she saw the sky turn from dark blue to light blue with ting of pink and orange.

The sun wasn't bright and hot, and the weather was in between summer and autumn. There was a chilly breeze that carried scent of flowers, and made the water in the black lake shake a little.

A smile took over her face as she looked up at the sky and saw the white clouds passing by. She wanted to talk to her parents, but she always talked to her parents. Then she thought about talking to someone she'd never had a conversation with.

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Potter." She whispered.

She had no idea how the two looked but from what her father had told her, Harry's mum had red hair and kind smile with beautiful green eyes just like Harry's, and his father looked exactly like Harry, with messy raven black hair and glasses, but with brown eyes. It wasn't hard for her to imagine how James Potter must have looked but Lily Evans's image was still vague to her.

"I know this is absolutely stupid for me to talk to you as you don't even know me, but I'm one of Harry's friends."

The sun was full out now, and looking down at her watch, the breakfast should be starting in half an hour. Looking back up Charlotte spoke up again,

"I just want you to know that I'm not friends with Harry because Dumbledore told me to be." She had taken a long time admitting that to herself, and she thought it would be better to confess it to someone.

"I care about Harry very much. McGonagall told me she sees a lot of both of you in him. Oh I can ask McGonagall for your picture!!" she exclaimed. "Well, he's definitely got your quidditch skills Mr. Potter. He's the youngest quidditch player in about a century, you must be very proud." Charlotte stood up, still staring at the sky in the hope that the people she was talking to were listening.

"I hope I'm not taking a lot of your time Mr. and Mrs. Potter. I talk to my parents all the time and tell them about everything. I know Harry doesn't, so just wanted to update you. I hope you don't mind." And with that she walked back to the castle.

Entering the Ravenclaw tower, she saw her roommates still sleeping and thanked Merlin for that repeatedly.

After a shower she put her uniform on and walked down to the great hall for breakfast. Harry had told her to be at the breakfast early, as she had something important to tell her. Entering the great hall she walked to the Ravenclaw table and poured herself some coffee. It was still early, and she was waiting for Harry.

"Hey Char." She heard and saw Harry sitting on the Gryffindor waiving for her to join him. Picking up her coffee mug she sat opposite to him. She was curious about what he wanted to tell her, but at the same time extremely confused about Ron's absence.

"Good morning, Harry. Where is Ron?"

"Getting ready, now I have two important things to tell you." He said in a hushed tone. Charlotte leaned forward so she could hear him properly, and Harry spoke up again.