CHAPTER 11: BALL

Word Count: 4455

Charlotte woke up early next morning. Taking the shower and dressing up she stood in front of the mirror trying to do her hair. She couldn't. It was close to eight and she was already frustrated.

"The bloody hell is wrong with my hair." She said angrily brushing them away from her face. Thinking about letting them down, she pushed them behind her ears.

Her dark brown robes looked rich, with light hint of golden, and hair falling just above the small of her back. She needed to chop them down soon.

Pulling on the dark brown heels and picking up her purses, she made her way to the same dining room she was led to the night before.

Entering, she saw Narcissa Malfoy already on the table, along with her husband as they talked about something. To her surprise there was a soft smile on both of their faces, but it was gone as soon as the man looked at her.

"Good morning Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy. Happy Yuletide" She chirped and they returned the greetings. "Where is Draco?" Lucius Malfoy looked down at his watch and shook his head.

"Apparently late" Pushing the chair back, he stood up. "I will have to visit the ministry today." He told his wife who nodded. "I will let you know about my presence for dinner. Don't wait up for me." He whispered but Charlotte heard it.

Sensing that the couple was having a moment, she looked down at her plate and started pouring herself some coffee. From her peripheral vision, she could see Lucius Malfoy bend down, and give his wife a loving peck.

"Miss Crawford" he said and Charlotte looked up smiling. "I hope you have a good day." He said with a polite nod. Looking back at his wife and giving her a nod, he strode out of the room. As soon as he did, Draco walked in, running hands through his hair trying to keep them back.

"Am I late?" Charlotte noted a note of panic in his voice. He looked around, and when didn't see Lucius Malfoy, groaned. "I'm late again." He walked to the table his head hung low.

"Happy Yule Dray" said Charlotte, and Draco looked up and smiled. The same smile he gave when she told him about the visit.

"Happy Yule" he said and placed the eggs on his place. "Good morning, mum." He chirped, and started eating. Charlotte stared at him in surprise.

"You seem extremely happy." She commented, and Draco turned to her smiling, and nodded.

"I am. Yule starts today. You're going to have so much fun."

"I'm sure I will. Why are you late thought?" Draco shook his head, and rolled his eyes.

"I slept in. Anyway, why is your hair down?" Charlotte groaned shaking her head.

"I have no idea what to do with them. Might just cut them off, haven't done that in a while."

"What! No don't." he suddenly said, and Charlotte chuckled.

"You grow your hair this long and then tell me it's alright not to think like this." She smiled. "I don't even know how to put them in braid; usually my cousin does that for me. I was never taught you know." Her voice was small in the end, and looked down at her lap.

Charlotte wasn't sure what thought came to her mind that she was suddenly reminded of her mother. If she were alive, she would have definitely taught her how to do her hair, Charlotte thought. But shrugging the thought and shaking her head, she continued the breakfast.

She could feel both the Malfoys' staring at her, but thought it would be better if she ignored. After that, the topics varied; books, music, and best places to travel.