CHAPTER 8: WITH EVERYTHING GOING ON

Word Count: 6016

Walking back, rather than going to the castle, she made her way towards the forest. The bottle of Firewhisky in her hand, as she swayed her way towards the altar, to the music that played in her head.

The place was like they had left it the year before, but this time, she was planning on making it invisible. She wanted it covered and invisible. So no students from other schools could join them.

Draco joined her soon enough as she drank from the bottle, and danced around.

"He was riled up!" he said breathless, and Charlotte laughed nodding, as she pulled the boy by the hand and made him dance with her.

"I know Dray" she said with a giggle, and pressed the bottle back to her lips. Draco laughed, and twirled her around, which the two did gracefully, and bent her down. Coming up, the bottle in her hand was gone, and Draco was looking at her with a smile. "Where's my Firewhisky?"

"Oh, you're done for the day" he said shaking his head. "You're drunk, and alcohol with the combination with all the pain, is probably not a good combination"

"Oh Dray!" she cried, and slumped down on the ground like a child. "You're such a mood kill" Draco laughed, as he pulled out his wand. Bending down he gave her a chaste kiss on her forehead and started working to get the altar in Samhain spirits.

"It's for your own good love."

Charlotte stared at him, as she sat with her legs pulled to her chest, and head resting on her knees. There was something about him that she adored, and it was time she accepted it and moved on, rather than fighting it.

"You really are a great friend Dray" she said lazily, and she heard him say a small 'thank you' back. "No, I mean really," she continued. She could tell she was drunk, but she wasn't sure how was she drunk enough to be drunk talking. "How can a guy, who was raised to hate muggle suddenly be fine with a muggle coming to an old wizarding tradition?"

Draco looked at her over his shoulder, and shrugged. She saw that the altar was all ready and fancy, and gave him a thumbs up. He slumped down beside her, as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"We should probably put some notice-me-not charms up, what do you say?" Draco waved his wand, muttering the enchantment under his breath, and the guards were up.

"Happy?"

"Very" she replied with a shaky breath. "You still haven't answered my question" she mumbled, now looking at him. He stared down at her, and a small smile broke on his face.

"Well," he said wrapping his right arm around her, and pulled her closer to his chest, as if protecting her from something. "I met this girl three years ago, and she was the most stubborn person I had ever met. But she was a great listener, and she never judged. So, to befriend her, I had to understand as well, and that's how I let go of my prejudices." Charlotte smiled, and looked up at him.

"I think that's why I like you," she mumbled nuzzling her head in his chest. His heart beating at the elevated rate, as she pressed her ear in his chest. "Because you understand what's more important. You know your priorities" and she was asleep.

Draco stared down at the girl in his arms, his eyes wide, as a smile tugged on his face. He leaned down, kissed her head, and rested his own head on hers.

"I like you too Lily," he said and drifted to sleep along with her.

----------*----------

Hermione knew something was up. She had been a little naïve before, but when she got to know the full story of Sirius Black, she knew she had been stupid and careless. So, she started keeping an eye on Charlotte Crawford.