CHAPTER 5: DISGRACEFUL PUREBLOODS

Word Count: 3138

Since then within two days something happened, that Charlotte didn't know existed.

"What the bloody hell is a menstrual cycle?"

Sitting in McGonagalls' office she stared at the women like a maniac who'd just broken out of St. Mungos'. McGonagall gave Snape a disappointed look, and the man looked extremely uncomfortable.

"So, when a girl becomes of certain age –" the explanation went on for twenty minutes. Even after reading and learning for years, she was embarrassed that she had no idea about the female body whatsoever. "– and that's how it works"

Charlotte didn't dare look at Snape. She knew it was his punishment to stay there and listen to McGonagall's explanation because he had failed to do so.

"I cannot believe that you taught her everything but this" said McGonagall giving the man a disapproving look and that let out an argument between the adults. Charlotte just wanted to get out as they did.

"Can I leave?" she asked standing up. "I think I might need to lie down for a while."

Walking in the dorm, she found Amanda sitting on her bed, reading something. It was quite strange in first year that she had to attend classes with Gryffindors, but everyone seemed to be used to it by now.

"Hey, you okay?" asked the girl, as Charlotte lay down on her stomach.

"Mmhm. Not much."

"Cramps?"

"Yep"

"Oh wait –" she heard some shuffling around the room, and her fellow Ravenclaw beside her bed in seconds' time. "– here take this." Amanda said holding out a pill. Charlotte eyed it carefully, and then the girl who was holding it. "It will ease your cramps."

For the next few days Charlotte couldn't have been more thankful for the pill Amanda gave her every morning. The cramps seemed unbearable at times. It turned out that she was one of the unlucky souls who were stuck with the Bloody Mary for eight days a month.

Walking in the great hall, she settled on the Slytherin table beside Blaise. A gasp was heard on her left as she turned to look at who it was.

"I cannot believe that the great Miss Charlotte Crawford has finally decided to spend her precious time among us, unimportant people"

"Oh shut up Theo" she chuckled. "How have you been?"

Just like that she listened to everyone's talks, also told the story of why she got grounded. Draco let out a snort every now and then, and went on with the fake story.

"So I heard that you caused quite a scene in Lockhart's class?"

Shrugging she ate a strip of bacon and told the incident in such a casual way, that anyone who couldn't hear what she was saying would think she was telling them about her usual and boring day.

"Well I do agree that he's an arse." said Bulstrode who was on Draco's left. "He thinks everyone likes him."

"I just want to make him cry like a little baby"

"If you every get around doing that, send me an invite." Smiling, Charlotte gave the girl a firm nod.

"You got it Bulstrode"

The conversation went on the topic with a little brainstorming of how they can actually make him cry and what might they need to do so; until it turned towards quidditch.

"Come to watch the practice," said Draco. "If you want" Chuckling she nodded, finished her breakfast.

"Sure Dray. Even I want to see if you have these skills, you've already proclaimed you have"