CHAPTER 9: FIRST MUGGLE-BORN

Word Count: 4733

Charlotte walked to the Gryffindor common room after her visit to Dumbledore. Hermione let her in, and she settled in the cosy common room.

"Hey Charlotte" said Ginny walking down the right stairs, her hands full of books. "Once again thanks for helping me."

Ginny settled down beside her, and laid all her book on the table in front of them.

"It's no problem, Ginny. I'm happy to help. So where do we start?"

An hour went by, as Charlotte taught her everything, she knew about forgetfulness potion. It was one of the easiest potions, but the only reason she told the red-haired girl everything, because she knew the topic of potions could sometimes get boring. It always was better to remember funny little things about potions.

"Then you add four mistletoe berries to the mortar and crush into a medium-fine powder and add two pinches of the mixture to the cauldron, otherwise the lovers will never forget each-other" said Ginny revising the story Charlotte had told her to remember the recipe.

"Exactly"

"But why do they want to forget each-other?"

"Because they come from rival families. If they don't, then their families might find out and they'll be killed."

"Wow, what kind of horror stories are you teaching my sister?" asked Ron. The two turned to look at both Ron and Harry walking down left stairs with a smug smile.

"I'm just helping her remember the potion procedure nothing much." Turning back to Ginny she nodded with a smile and asked the girl to continue.

"Stir 5 – times anti clockwise, because they want to turn the time back. And finally wave your wand so they teleport to different places without any memory of each-other"

Charlotte gave her a smile with a nod.

"That's great Ginny."

"Thanks Charlotte. Would you mind helping me with the others too?"

"Not at all. How about every Friday?" the girl gave her a nod and gathered all the books.

"Thanks. Bye then. I'll see you next week" and with that she walked back to the stairs she had walked down.

"That was not normal." Said Ron, and she chuckled.

"Well, she couldn't remember the procedure; I had to make up some story of lovers." Hermione walked down and joined the three, as Charlotte told the story she had told Ginny.

"Are you talking about Forgetfulness Potion?"

"Yes."

"Well, the story is good – but now getting to the point of what potion we might need your help with." The topic shifted quickly, as Hermione didn't dare using the name of the potion, but Charlotte was not stupid to not know what she was talking about.

"That's Polyjuice"

"How do you know that?" she looked at Hermione with a blank look.

"Why would I not?"

"Because it's an advanced level potion"

"And I just happen to be potion masters' favourite." She stated with an eye roll. "I can help you, nay, I can make the potion and give it to you, but it will take till Yule break."

"We're aware." said Harry. "But we need it."

"Then you got it."

"You really don't want to know what we need it for?" he asked, and Charlotte shrugged. Yes, she was concerned about what might happen, but she had a faint idea why they needed the potion for.