CHAPTER 11: ELIZABETH WARREN

Word Count: 3749

Yule approached, and Charlotte couldn't help but get excited. The Hufflepuff boy who had ran out of the great hall that night, Justin Finch-Fletchley was petrified.

She entered the Gryffindor tower, this time not for teaching Ginny, or some helping the trio, but some mischief. She had not had any fun in really long time. Gryffindor tower was empty apart from the Weasleys', Lee Jordan, Harry and Hermione. It was a shocker considering there were more people staying at Hogwarts every year.

"Did you get the things?" whispered Lee Jordan and Cedric nodded. "Checked the corridors?" she gave them a nod and closed the map.

It was one in the morning before the muggle Christmas day, and they had planned something exceptional. All thanks to the twins and Cedric.

"So what are we waiting for?" she asked and Fred looked down at his watch. "You did not invite more people" she said in horror and he grinned.

After a minute or two, Ron, Harry and Ginny walked down the stairs of their respective dormitories.

"She's a child!" exclaimed Charlotte, and Cedric laughed.

"So are you" huffing she rolled her eyes, but then smirked when she saw Harry and Ron.

"I didn't know you two were up to doing something stupid" Harry shrugged

"Stupid's been following me for a while now"

The eight of them tiptoed to the quidditch pitch. It was quite illuminated due to the full moon above their head, and the night sky was filled with stars that looked like diamonds.

"Alright, older Weasley with younger ones" said Cedric taking the command. "Potter, you go with Lee" Harry gave him a nod and walked towards the told partner. "Ready squirt?" Charlotte wasn't quite sure if she was. This was not just stupid, but entirely dangerous if she opened her eyes.

"I think so"

The two walked towards the blue yellow carpet that sat on the quidditch pitch. Cedric sat down, and she joined him sitting in front of him.

"Hold tight everyone." She told the people on other three carpets. "Now" the four fourth years did the levitation charm on their respective carpets and they were in the air in matter of seconds. She thought about putting an extra charm on the four carpets for safer side, but then decided to trust the boys.

After a few seconds Cedric started humming a tune of what felt like the new muggle movie he had told her about.

"A whole new world!" he sang.

Charlotte's eyes were closed as she felt relaxed. Not having experienced flying before, it felt magical. And it was a huge thing considering they learned magic in school.

There was snow on the ground, which she was sure would have looked amazing from this height. Don't be an idiot, Charlotte. You need to stay alive, she reminded herself.

Discarding the idea she enjoyed the air.

"Did you charm the carpets to be warm, and muffled?" asked Cedric and she nodded without turning to look at him.

"It's freezing Ced."

This went on for fifteen minutes, and Charlotte opened her eyes as they were on the ground. She could see that everyone looked extremely happy and calm, meaning the carpet ride had been great.

"Before any of you say anything, let's first get back to the tower. We don't need detentions."

The eight started walking towards the tower. Charlotte joined Ginny who walked at the back.