CHAPTER 9: A DAY TO REMEMBER

Word Count: 8976

Waking up next morning, Charlotte didn't want to get out of the bed. It was Sunday, meaning there was no distraction of classes from all the chaos in her head.

"Hey Charlotte," Padma whispered, and Charlotte turned her head to the right, to see the girl lying on her bed. "I need your help" she said.

"Sure Padma," said Charlotte, turning to face the girl. "What can I do for you this morning?"

"I saw you talking to that guy yesterday," she said, with a light blush on her cheeks. "The one from Beauxbaton"

"Ahh," said Charlotte in remembrance. "Valentin, yes, what about him?"

"Can't you introduce me to him?" she asked eagerly, and Charlotte's eyes widened in amusement. She had planned on not meeting him ever again, but maybe one more time won't be any harm, right? There was also a change, she would get rid of the boy for once and for all.

"Of course Padma," said Charlotte with a smile.

"Really?" asked the girl, now sitting up, and Charlotte gave her a confused nod, and pressed her head more in the cushion.

"Yeah, why?"

"Because it looked like he was interested in you, and vice versa?" said Padma tentatively, and Charlotte shook her head with a small chuckle.

"I'd die before get myself involved with him" she replied, "He can be charming, but I'm not into guys who are too sweet and polite" she said with a smile.

"Right, you like the - bad boy, only sweet for you - kind of boys" teased Padma, and Charlotte sat up with fake offense.

"How dare you say that to me" she said placing a hand on her chest. "I'm offended Padma. Really"

"You know what," said Padma with a teasing smirk on her face, as she picked up her cushion and placed it in her lap. "You're right. Malfoy's not a bad-boy type. He's just - umm, what is more respectful word for vapid -" Charlotte's eyes bulged out at that, knowing very well that wasn't true. Picking up her pillow, she threw it towards her roommate, who caught it with a chuckle.

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh, I'm sorry," said Padma, her smirk widening. "He's not vapid, he's conceded."

"Yeah, that might be a little true" said Charlotte with a chuckle. "He is a little conceded, now come on," she said standing up. "Get up, and get ready, so I'll introduce you to your, conceded prince charming."

Getting ready, Charlotte put on a muggle tank top, rather than her usual blouse and skirt attire. Being a little chilly outside, she added Sirius' classic leather black jacket, and paired it with black, high-waisted jeans. Her long, white-blonde hair tugged in a perfect messy-bun, and the locket gifted by Draco hanging around her neck, along with the grey bracelet and tops.

"All black huh?" said Sue Li from behind and Charlotte turned around to look at her. Giving her a small nod and a smile, she walked towards her bed, pulled out black combat boots. She was going to duel with Snape after many months.

He had sent the message as she was about to get in the bathroom to take a shower. He wanted to duel, and also introduce to a friend.

Charlotte thought it was exceptionally irregular for the man to send an owl for such a thing, when he could have just asked the night before, but whatever was going on, was irregular. So she let it slide.

Tugging both of her wands up her sleeves, she picked up her black leather wallet, that had the letter 'CLB' embedded in with tiny diamonds - which she had bought after stealing Sirius' jacket, because it would go perfectly with this outfit - and it had an undetectable, extension charm - as it held a few books, and her pumpkin juice - and walked out of the Ravenclaw tower to have a breakfast, and a talk with McGonagall, before she faced her father.