CHAPTER 13: YULE AND CONSEQUENCES

Word Count: 8001

It wasn't until the next morning Charlotte processed the position, she was sleeping in. Blanket was clutched in one of her hands, and with other, she held Draco's black night shirt. Draco's right hand pinned her down by the waist as he slept peacefully. Her head had been buried in his chest, and it seemed that Draco had pulled her closer throughout the night. She couldn't complain. That was the best sleep she had ever experienced.

Charlotte looked around, and saw many others still sleeping and a fair few with their beds empty and two walking out the great hall. It was still early and she turned back to look at the boy sleeping beside her.

His face looked different than the night prior. At ease, relaxed, and satisfied.

Looking around the hall again, she saw Pansy glaring at her from the other side. Charlotte smirked almost involuntarily, and stopped herself from saying a big 'fuck you' to the Slytherin girl. So, she didn't say it, but she did flash her middle finger conveying the message.

Turning back to Draco, Charlotte felt him stir a little and she couldn't help but lean in and place a soft kiss on his forehead. As soon as she did, she pulled away wide eyed. Oh, something was definitely wrong with her. She felt Draco's eyes flutter open as he looked around before his eyes settled on her with a lazy smile as she stared at him.

"Good morning, Lily" he rasped in his morning voice, and Charlotte tried to control her blush. Dear god, her periods made her hormonal for no damn reason.

"Morning" she whispered back and tried to get up, but Draco didn't let her. "Dray,"

"Stay with me for a little more, we still have time."

----------*----------

Charlotte avoided the Quidditch match entirely. It was pouring and she preferred sitting inside drinking hot chocolate rather than going out in the freezing rain and falling sick.

She also knew that Remus wasn't going. Taking the great opportunity of talking to him alone, she knocked on his office with two mugs of hot chocolate in her hand.

"Come in" she heard him say, and opened the door.

Entering, Remus was sitting on the chair reading through a long list.

"Already looking for new job professor?" she humoured and Remus cracked a smile as she approached his table. "Didn't know you'd get tired of us so easily"

Remus put the scroll away and looked at her surprised.

"I only have one year contract with Dumbledore" he replied and then looked at the hot chocolate in front of him. "What's the occasion?"

"Just came to check up on my favourite professor that's it" she replied taking the seat opposite to him. Remus raised an amused eyebrow as he picked the mug and started drinking.

"Don't let Minerva or your father hear that." Charlotte chuckled nodding in agreement, but a silence soon followed.

Looking out the widow she could see the rain hitting the window with large thuds making a constant rhythm.

"Charlotte," said Remus bringing her attention to him. "I have a few things I'd like to discuss with you." Charlotte gave him a nod and straightened up a bit. "First about your boggart –"

"I don't want to talk about it." She cut him and Remus leaned forward on the table.

"Are you sure?" he asked concerned. "You did look pretty devastated, and I heard you went around hitting people who did tease you for that" Charlotte cracked a smile but gave a firm nod saying she didn't want to talk about it. "Alright then, next topic, the mind reading on the train,"