CHAPTER 16: INSIDE HIS MIND

Word Count: 7736

Sitting in McGonagalls' office with Snape and Remus present wasn't the most comfortable thing Charlotte had experienced.

"YOU LET HER DO ALL THIS!!" Snape shouted at his former Professor. McGonagall almost flinched at the sound, but stood her ground. Everyone had seen him annoyed and irritated, but no one had seen him angry. It was scary. In Charlotte's opinion though, he just needed to get laid.

"Severus sit down," McGonagall instructed, and then turned to the other adult. "You too Remus"

Snape eyed the woman then glared at his daughter and took a seat as he was asked to do. Remus joined.

"Charlotte," said McGonagall looking at the girl, "Would you mind explaining everything?"

It took almost half-an-hour to tell the story starting from meeting Andromeda Tonks, to meeting Sirius for the first time, to planning the capture. Snape's expressions changed from anger, to distaste, to surprise and pride and back to anger. Remus just listened to the story, raising eyebrow every now and then when she told something interesting, as if he knew most of it already. It was a scary thought.

"I knew you wouldn't have asked for your house back without any purpose" said Snape in the end. "I just wish that you would have told me."

"And you're telling me you'd taken it nicely?"

"Maybe not" he replied with a nod. "But I don't want you going doing all that stuff anymore without telling me. I'm your father, and I deserve to know what's going on in my daughter's life"

"Then you should also know that she has a crush on Sirius" said Remus with a smug smile, and Charlotte leaped over the table to get to him.

"Sit back down!" said Snape, pulling her back down in the chair and glared at Remus.

"Sorry," added Remus, as if understanding the seriousness of the situation, and maybe in remembrance.

"Is it true?" asked McGonagall looking at Charlotte, with amused smile and Charlotte groaned.

"Heavens no! He's a complete idiot, and I'd go out with H before I can even think of Siri." She mumbled in a huff and folded her hands over her chest.

"You stay away from Potter" Snape snapped "Or, Black, or Malfoy" he added irritated, and turned to McGonagall. "Now I expect you to keep this thing secured" he said pointing towards the box. "And you, young lady," he said turning to Charlotte "Are coming with me." He stood up, and walked towards the door. "NOW!"

Charlotte hurried behind Snape, as the two made their way towards his quarters. Even though the man in front of her was taking quick steps his body was relaxed.

Entering, he quickly closed the door and activated and wards. Saying nothing, he discarded his black cloak and pulled out a bottle of aged Firewhisky from the bookshelf. Sitting down, he asked her to do the same, and looked at her waiting for an explanation.

"I told you everything already" said Charlotte with a shrug. Snape took a sip, staring at her with a sharp look, and said nothing. "Fine, not everything." She said with a sigh remembering the thing about telling him everything. Pulling down the left side of her top, she displayed the brands.

"So, you officiated." He commented, raising an eyebrow. He seemed extremely distant at the moment, which didn't leave her a lot of space to judge his feelings. Gulping, she nodded and straightened her shirt. "Runes?" she nodded again, and Snape placed the empty glass on the table in front of him. Opening the bottle with a pop, he poured another round. "I'm sure you have a mouth" he said in a cold voice.