Chapter 23

Before leaving the house I ordered food for us and told them where to take it.

I pulled up at the driveway to the pet shop where Kate works.

"Hey Liz, I'll be your employee for the day. Don't tell John" i said smirking at her.

Liz is the wife of my boss I've known them for 4 years but if John finds out that I was working here for the day on behalf of my girlfriend. I'd never hear the end of it.

"What are you talking about? I already have a worker; who will be here to start her shift any time soon" Miss Liz replied.

"No she won't; I'm here to cover for her but don't tell her okay." I said before walking to get there feeds etc.

I used to help Liz with the shop when she just opened but after a while she said that I didn't need to because I had too much work on my hands and because she was gonna hire someone permanently.

"Blake i don't understand why are you doing this for her? In fact, you better not hurt her! She's a sweet girl; she can't deal with the emotional rollercoaster so if you aren't completely serious about her leave her be!" Liz started lecturing me while following me.

"I know, I know don't worry about it. You know I wouldn't do this for just anyone plus she's my girlfriend and you know how I used to feel about relationships. I'm not gonna hurt her. I promise" I said.

Liz was like a mother figure to me. Even though these days I hardly visit them but before I used to go daily for food or even sleep their when I didn't feel like going home.

"Oh next Saturday I'm coming over" I replied casually.

"Oh sweetheart I know, John came home the other day bragging about how much you lost the deal in less than a week!" He started chuckling to herself.

To which I rolled my eyes.

"Oh I'll be coming tomorrow as well" I told her before it slipped my mind.

"Is something wrong with Kate?"
Oh no just her period and I researched that the first two days are the worst so I just wanna lend a hand. I haven't told her this yet but you know I always get my way" I said smirking more to me than to Liz.
She smiled then went back to the front desk.

I feed them; changed the litter of the ones that needed changing; played a little when some. Soon it was closing time. I helped Liz to lock up and walked her to her car.
She drove off after reminding me that I shouldn't hurt Kate.

When I got home. Kate was lying in the couch huddled in blankets sleeping. I slowly reached out to pick her out.

"Nooo leave me alone don't touch me!!!" She yelled.

"Whats the matter?" I asked curiously. She's never once's behaved like this towards me.

"I don't wanna be touched by anyone. In fact I don't wanna sleep with you for two days" she said clearly irritated.

"Is that why you are in the couch? You want me to have the bed?" I asked my fussy girlfriend.

"Yes" she said sheepishly.

"It's fine you take the bed. I'm fine with the couch" I said.

"But .... but" she started protesting.

"Don't worry I'll be fine Kat" I said earnestly.

I was picking her up but she dodged me and started walking upstairs with her blankets wrapped around her.

We were at the top of the stairs when Kate turned around and grabbed me, stretched up and locked her lips with mine.

I was fucking shocked! Who the hell is she? Kate! Kissing me.
I was about to react and wrapped my hands around her waist when she let go.

Fucking smirked and walked in the room. Slamming and locking the door behind her.

"Kate open the door!" I said pounding cause I desperately wanted to continue that kiss. Her pussy might be bleeding but her hands and mouth were perfecting fine.

"No that's for leaving me and letting me walk in the rain!" She yelled.
What the hell just happened? Was the because of her period?

If so oh fucking hell things are about to get interesting.

With that I turned my back and left the house. Game on kitty.

Kate's POV

Omg I just kissed Blake. Like by myself. Damn. Like I thought of it but I wasn't gonna do it but still.

In the novels I read. Girls are always teasing their boyfriends and well I had a pretty good reason to but omg. What if he's upset? He wouldn't mind a little teasing right?

My heart fell when I heard the sound of his engine starting.

He left.
Stupid Stupid Kate! You don't mix a fantasy with reality. I dropped to my knees and tears poured from my eyes and all these fruiting hormones weren't making it any easier. He probably thought it was nasty to kiss a girl who is on her period.

Did I lose my boyfriend? He wouldn't leave me right?

All this anxiety just made my period heavier and it's as if the pill wore off because my back started hurting like hell. I was bloated!

I just went for my bag, ate a little of the Chinese Blake ordered earlier, took the pill then went to bed. Leaving the door open this time.