Chapter 37

Kate's POV

We were still the freeway. Music was softly playing in the background; they were all recent as I didn't recognize most of it. I normally listen to oldhits because nothing could beat the classics in my opinion but since Blake and I started living together his love for pop and rap music started rubbing off on me. I put my hand over his that was just resting on the gearstick. In response he turned his wrist so he was holding my as well and moved our hands to a more comfortable location. His thighs.  Then heater was on so i rested my free hand on the window as i stared in awe at the scenery clothed in thick white fabric.

After an hour the scenery started to chance from thick forest to snow covered plains. The road got busier. A comfortable silence filled the car. Both of us was lost in thoughts. His probably deeper than mine. Blake sometimes seemed as though his body was but shell and his mind had wondered far far away. He always seemed to be thinking far ahead. Which contradicted his reputation as a bad boy. Its always as though he has more plans and goals than the rest of the world. Most of the time he was quiet. But i had learned how to find peace in his silence as it never felt as though my presence  was a nussaince to him but always as though i brought him some peace and comfort so he could just relax and loose himself in infinite thoughts.

I turned back my attention to the view outside. A few small houses could be spotted here and there most had megre christmas decorations but the closer we got to the city the more congested the street became and the more buildings, houses and shops alike came into view. the decor got more and more luxurious and creative more so that i had to take a picture or two of some that were simply just wow. There was this two story house that had christmas lights from top to bottom, two christmas trees in the front yard with stars and everything adorn to it, it even had some raindeers and a sleigh to both sides of the drive way. With present like boxes in them. This family had truly went all out. Elves manequines or ballones, i was too far to tell, were on the roof doing a waving motion to the sleigh. 10/10 decor. With each one that captured my attention or left me in awe. I showed Blake who would slow down a bit and also help me to critique.

Thanks to the rediculous and extravagant decorations Blake and I were thoroughly amused on the rest of our ride to the city.

The roads were congested and traffic was on both sides. Impatient drivers honked and a few curses danced in the air with the jingles and merry music. Decorations and lights were everywhere. The buildings were tall and close with all different sizes. Nothing like Rose Valley. There were crowds of people everywhere. I never expected it to be so crowded. It was just 1pm. I thought most people would spend the day at home cuddled up with their family. But the whole city was alive. I couldnt tell if it was because of last minute shopping or if this was the norm here.

Blake finally got a parking space and we were now heading towards the mall. It was huge. Rose Valley's was tiny incomparison. When I got into the mall I felt completely out of place. Everyone was in green, red or white. While Blake was in full black and I was in full pink. I felt so embarrassed. There were also so many couples. They were practically one to how close they were. I slowly inched closer to Blake. There were chatter and music circulating through the air. Blake must have noticed my nervousness because he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer. He then used his arm to rub my hand up and down before letting it rest on my shoulder once more. It calmed me down almost entirely. I started peeling my eyes for shops that would have what I needed.

"What do you want to do?" Blake said now that we were in the middle of the mall.

"Just walk and look around. It's so big compared to ROSE VALLEY." I said.

Blake and I have been walking around for quite sometime, we explored every inch of the mall. I found the store where i was gonna by his gift. Now i just needed to ditch him.