Chapter 50

KATE'S POV

26/01/2018 Thursday

Blake removed my clothes from the car while I was getting ready, since he woke up before me. He sat and waited for to lock up. In the car, he warned me that I should ignore Jessica as much as possible and wait until her jealous fit subsided because riling her up would cause troubles. He also said that he didn't have the time to actually deal with her because he hardly had time for himself. Having to balance school, work and our relationship.

This was when I actually took the time to look at him and I could see how tired he actually was. Yes he was still incredibly attractive but he had dark circles under his eyes, barely visible unless you were actually looking for them. The vein in his temple was also visible; his hair was also more dishevelled than usually looking as though he probably didn't even attempt to style it.

How did I not notice all this before?

I was so stuck in my head and anxious that I was blind to the things that really mattered.

"Can we go home early today and spend some time together before you go to the garage?" I said wanting to make him rest a little.

"I will even follow you to work and stay there until the wee hours in the morning since I don't have work tomorrow." I explained trying to convince him.

"Okay sure, you don't have to come with me. It's fine." He replied.

"I like seeing you work." I said honestly.

"Hmm and why is that?" he said glancing at me.

"You look sexy and I love seeing your muscles flexing." I said with a little blush.

Blake was easy to speak to when my anxiety wasn't getting in the way. I love speaking to him. I needed to confess but whenever, I tried it just gets stuck in my throat. I felt like we were okay right now and that I should wait for a special moment or day to tell him.

For now, I will just try my best to show my love with my actions and be more cognisant of him. I did not want this relationship to become a burden to him. He was already doing A LOT.

We walked through the hallways like usually and went to class. After we were seated Blake leaned over to my desk and asked, "How long are you going to keep your phone turned of."

Oh

"I forgot about that. I will do it now" I said taking out my phone.

Powering it on, I took a deep breath telling myself that no matter what Camryn says, I would be okay. The phone booted up faster than I wanted to after entering my pin; my phone came alive. Notifications from Camryn bussed in seconds later.

"He kissed her!"

"I am positive that you saw it. Hell everyone in school did."

"Don't listen to all the comforting lies he tells you!"

"Kate!"

"Kate!"

"You can come over and vent if you need to"

"Are you okay"

"Kate?"

"Did you guys argue?"

"I hope you are okay, good night"

Those were all the messages. Camryn was an amazing friend but she didn't like Blake. If I could change one thing about her; it would be that. I loved Blake and I wanted her to be my friend and I just didn't want to choose between the two or have hostility between them. But she despised Blake.

"I am okay, thank you for checking up on me. We spoke about it and it was an accident." I sent her a quick message then turned my attention back to Blake who was tapping away at his phone.

"Blake, will you be....." I started but then the teacher walked in and told us to open our books.

"I will ask you later." I whispered to Blake.

I turned my attention to the teacher.

When the Bell rang she stopped her lesson. She was telling us that she marked our essays and that we are to expect our grades next class.

I stood, putting my stuffs together when the teacher added, "Oh Blake, you did a lovely job with Kate's essay. I only hope that you taught her to write just as well as you do. Both essays were exception."

She picked up her stuff and left the class. Everyone started chattering and tapping away at their phones; no doubt circulating more rumors about me.

One of the cons of having a super popular boyfriend. Prying eyes and eager ears are everywhere!