Chapter 9

He helped me downstairs and around the table. It was then, I saw the boxes of pizzas decorating the table.

"Blake this isn't cooking" I said masking just how truly grateful I am that he is still here.

"True; but it's still dinner"He replied with a wink.
"Let's make a deal" he said with a mischievous look on his face.

"Okay let's hear it" I said willingly probably too willingly.

"If you guess the types of pizzas in both boxes I will pay the rent and buy food for three months even drop you to school and pick you up each day" he said then pause.

"But" I said wanting to hear the other side of the deal.

"But if you get it wrong you can't go to school for one week and you'll have to make me breakfast and lunch for three months and take care of all my homework for three months" he said.

"No deal" I said
"Oh come on kitty kat live a little" he said.
"No deal" I repeated.
"Pretty please" he said with the most adorable face ever!!! Holy smokes.
"One more condition and I'll do it" I negotiated.
"Alright let's hear it" his smile broadened almost as if he was daring me.
"Bring me to work and pick me up too!!" I said trying to put on my game face.
"Okay deal" he responded.
"How many guesses do I get?" I asked ready to receive my free drives!!

"You get 2" he smirked.
"Okay, pepperoni and pineapple" I said.
"Nope, try again" his smirk grew.
"Two cheese pizzas" I guessed.

His smirk turned into a full grin.
"Nope" he said opening the boxes.
"Two pepperoni" he boasted
"Who orders two pepperoni, so boring!!" I fussed ! Dorn! Never ever will I ever make a deal with the bad boy again.
No school for a week!!! My face paled.
I no longer felt hungry. I don't have any friends how will I get my assignments? I can't afford to get a failing grade right now. It will mess up my transcript and I won't be able to apply for scholarships or get into the university of my choice. I still didn't know what I wanted to become in the future but regardless I needed excellent grades. Is Blake sent to ruin my life? What should I do?

"Why do you look so sick all of a sudden" Blake ask after finishing his first pizza.

"Will you collect all my assignments this week so I can complete them; I cannot afford a failing grade" I asked worriedly.
"Ha! That's what you are really worried about? You are such a nerd Kat but whatever. I'll get it done" he said.
I scanned his face for any trace for lies. I didn't find any but how should I know if he's lying?

"Thank you" I said " but why wouldn't you want me to go to school? How does that benefit you?" I questioned curiosity getting the best of me.
"Just trust me aight" he said then continued eating and I did the same.

When we were finished Blake disposed of the boxes. I got up trying to hop my way to the room when Blake came behind me and lift me off the floor! Bridal style!!! I can not fall for this boy. Not him. It would only bring pain. I told myself why clinging to his chest.

It was rock hard and I could feel his abs poking me through his shirt. My face turned sorrel red! Who knew that a sprain ankle could be this sweet? Is this what the writers mean in their books?

He placed me gently on the bed and looked me into my eyes. Moving in close as though he wanted to kiss me. His eyes went to my lips and back to my eyes before he parted his mouth and whispered "See ya later Kat don't wait up".
He smirked then left the room. That jerk!!!!!!

Blake's POV
Damn it all. It was becoming harder and harder to live with that girl. How did I not notice her before and why the fuck would I have wanted to notice her before? I sped to the garage. Damn who knew living with that girl would increase my working productivity tenfolds! I didn't even look at the puny guard; he lowered my respect for securities overall; like that man should guard a bakery or a day care where there are less chances of robberies happening. Than to be stationed in front of a garage that receives numerous wealthy clients daily. Are they aware that skinny ass nerdy men are no threats to garages? Like I could fight that security while I am injured and still win. I got in and closed back the garage door for extra safety; I saw a notepad on my desk telling me to check the Red 2013 Honda Accord that came in and the 2009 black Mercedes Benz. I connected the Bluetooth box I bought last year and started listening to some music while I got to work. Completely forgetting about the hard on Kate gave me and everything else in this world.

I stopped working after I fixed the Honda and wrote a memo for my boss to get someone to test drive it. The Mercedes Benz was almost done but I was getting tired. I was putting back the tools when the door opened and I heard John, my boss, saying "what you still doing here kid go get some rest".
"Yeah I was just leaving, the Benz ain't finished yet though" I said casually then walked out.

I got to my car and drove home. When I parked the car in the driveway I checked the time and it was 8:30AM. I opened the front door and walked into an empty house. Where is Kate?

Fuck!