Chapter 54

KATE'S POV

Friday 2 February 2018

School ended 5 minutes ago and the hallways were empty.

A sea of students were exiting the school at an alarming rate.

Everyone was in a hurry to start getting ready for the party.

My steps echoed in my feet along with the thumbing of my heart. I was so anxious. So nervous. Blake please don't show. You mustn't. If you do; how will I ever clear your name and trust that our relationship was real?

I honestly didn't want to go. Even if he's with Jessica. It's fine as long as we can go back to how we were. I just don't want to be alone anymore. I hate the coldness of the bed when he is gone. I hate how silent and lonely the house feels when I am home alone. I miss his voice and scent. I just want him next to me. I'll deal with anything. Bullying, lies and god for bid cheating. I'm too scared to go back to how it was. I didn't know it before but since I met Blake; I realize that I wasn't truly living.

I said that I would be fine if Blake cheated but deep down I knew that it was a lie. I would never be able to watch Blake give his time and affection to another.

The walk to the pet store was much needed. I was able to clear my thoughts and just relax my nerves. Liz was also a much appreciated distraction but while my mind was off the party; I completely lost track of time and instantly froze when Liz was starting to lock up.

My hands were getting clammy and my throat felt dry. I was about to walk home and just turn my phone off but I heard someone clear their throat.

I turned around frightened. It was Camryn with her arms crossed.

"I just knew that you would run away!" She said pointing at me while frowning.

"I...I...I really do not want to go! I don't care if Blake is going to show up or if he was with Jessica this entire time. I just want to be at peace with my delusions. It will hurt too much if I find out that I am being betrayed." I said with a sigh of defeat.

I could never compete with Jessica and I just don't want anymore drama.

"Kate! Stop settling for less. If Blake shows up you let him know what is what! You are smart and beautiful; you don't need some disgusting playboy who doesn't know how to appreciate you!" Camryn said seriously.

"Camryn i am fine with how things are. Just let it go." I admitted.

"I can't win against Jessica so just let me be contented with the little I have. Even if he is really just a cheater. It's okay." I told Camryn while looking down. Too ashamed to face her.

"What?! No friend of mine is going to be with a stinky cheater! Let's go! Even if I have to drag you there myself!" She raged.

Camryn took my hand and practically dragged me to her house. I barely had enough time to greet her grandmother. I was pulled up the stairs and pushed into the bathroom. Then ordered to shower!

"I need a rag and underwear!" I yelled at the closed door.

"Oh" Camryn replied.

Quickly the door was opened and the necessities were pushed into my hands.

I shaved and showered since I was also given a razor.

I kept thinking of other things to keep my mind off the fact that I was about to go to my first ever party and not only that; but also confirm the loyalty of my partner. Like what?!

Sigh.

How was I to distract myself and calm my nerves when my hair was being flat ironed and styled, makeup was being added to my face and my eyebrows were being ripped out of my skin! Camryn was totally transforming me. My hair was styled with gel to keep the hairstyle Camryn did in place. I didn't know what it was but the front was braided and had heart patterns while small sections of the side had flower patterns then the back flowed down my shoulders.