Chapter 34

Blake's POV

I don't know if Kate was actually rubbing up against me or it was just my own imagination due to sheer horniness, but something woke me up. I tried to get up and leave but Kate clung to my arm. So waited a few more minutes until she was fast asleep before I untangled myself from her and left.

I got my keys and left the house. I never intended to have sex with Kate, now that I did everything is more complicated.

Kate's POV

I woke up to an empty bed. Even though there was a central heater in the cabin, the bed was lacking in warmth. His warmth. I was still very happy regardless of missing his presence. He's probably downstairs.

I slowly rose from the comfort of the bed. The morning glow shone gently through the window and somehow, I knew that today would be a good day. I hope it will be at least.

I strolled into the bathroom brushed my teeth then stepped into the shower. I couldn't help blushing as thoughts from the night before flooded my mind. I turned on the shower and stepped underneath it not caring that it was soaking my hair as I was too lost in my memories. A hum softly left my lips. My eyes closed to reality and my heart open to my own sweet fantasy. As the water ran over and down my body. I remembered Blake's touches and kisses. My brain was sure to also remind me of the embarrassing moments where I was stiff and unsure of what to do. When Blake and I had sex. Blood rushed to my face and my cheeks glowed red. I quickly changed that thought to the moments after. The lovely Non embarrassing ones. When Blake held me under the shower or lathered my hair with the gentle fragrant shampoo. On instinct my hand went to my hair as I replayed the scenes in my head.

I left the bathroom after I was done showering and blow drying my hair. When I was done spreading the bed and straightening the rest of the room, I made my way into the passageway and down the staircase of the modern looking cabin. I checked the time on the clock that I passed on the wall over the television. It was 11:36am. I decided to eat the left-over Alfredo and make some baked chicken that we could eat later since I was dying to explore outside the cabin.

I was currently in the bedroom preparing to go explore outside. Blake told me last night that outside was really cold so it may start snowing any moment now. I decided to go all pink today. Baby pink sweatsuit with matching earmuffs and winter gloves and boots and socks. I bought this outfit years ago it was slightly big then but now it fits perfectly. When I was moving, I was told to buy things that I would need since I was staying indefinitely. One of the few times I was able to use my parents' cards.

Closing the door, I stepped outside. The forest was no longer green and lush like it was in October. It was now all shades of orange and to the far back some green peaked through. Must be where Blake went to get the Christmas tree.

Slowly I walked towards the wooden pier that was on the lake. The lake was far larger than I had thought. I wondered if we could go ice skating on it when it's been frozen over. I've always wanted to go. I had a bucket list of things I'd like to experience. Hopefully Blake knows how to skate because I had not the slightest clue. I took out my phone and snapped a few good pictures. Selfies including before I followed a trail into the forest. I didn't know much about trees, but they were all so beautiful. With different shapes and sizes as I walked further from the cabin. Some were stripped of all its leaves, while some proudly displayed the orange leaves they gained during autumn and some tall pine looking trees where still green.

There was a clearing to my right that showed the lake and a small section of the cabin below.  There was also a wooden bench made from logs that were most likely cut from this forest. I sat down and scrolled through the pictures that I took. They were all going to remain in my gallery as apart from WhatsApp I had no social media accounts. With Blake and my parents being my only contacts. So, it made no sense to put any of them on my status. My parents never message me but I'm sure that if they saw that I was somewhere other than my house or school a phone call would soon come. A very unpleasant one. I laid down as best as i could on the bench and looked at the sky. It was a very pale shade of blue with a few clouds gathering.