Chapter 70

Kate's POV

February 20,2018

"You didn't have to sit outside and wait for me. I would have called." Derek said as I got in the car.

"I just don't like being in the house anymore; It's not because of you." I said looking down and playing with my fingers.

"You don't have to. Now you have me." He said letting his dimple pop.

"I have heard that before." I said in a low tone

"For real" He said smiling.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I asked.

"Because I want to." He said pulling out the driveway.

The entire ride was silent. I started nodding off when Derek said,"We are here."

"Woah, you are rich." I said eyeing the beautiful White House before me.

"Not rich but I have a little money." Derek said leaving the car.

I stepped out and started admiring the before two story house before me. It had two columns that gave way to a balcony on the second floor. There were large windows and a huge door at the front.

The closer I got to the house. The more familiar it seemed.

"Have I been here before?" I asked.

"Your first party? Waiting on Blake to show up?" Derek said walking to the house.

"Oh." I said while the memories floated around in my head.

"Yes Jessica and I orchestrated it after all. My house was the easiest to access on such short notice." Derek said as though that one little plot didn't add to the destruction of my life.

"Sorry by the way." he said turning to give me a look of pity.

"It's fine." I shrugged it off.

He pushed the door open and walked through. I followed closely behind admiring the beauty of the house now that it was empty.

There were now mahogany furnitures decorating the once empty dance floor.

It was simply decorated but still looked amazing.

"Hey man. You sure took your time. Oh I see why." Steve said descending the stairs.

"I see the friendship strengthened after all." Alex said walking to us from what seemed like a kitchen.

"Guess so." Derek said looking at me and smiling.

"I didn't know that you had guests over." I said nervously.

"Yeah we are all hanging out before the party starts." He answered me.

"Want something to drink?" He asked dragging me to the kitchen with his two friends following behind.

"Water would be nice." I responded walking into the huge kitchen with an island and a matching set of counters.

"Look into the fridge." He said sitting around the island and tapping away at his phone.

"Oh okay." I said opening the well stacked fridge.

"Can I have this bottle of lemonade.?" I asked.

"Sure, the lady can have whatever she wants." Alex said walking up to me and grabbing a can of beer from the fridge.

"Thanks." I said opening the bottle and plopping down next to Derek.

Alex sat beside me smirking.

I was nervous and a part of me just wanted to go home. But I really did not want to bawl my eyes out anymore. I just need some distractions. I'll save up enough money then go to the city and get Blake back. I just hope that it won't be too late by then.