Chapter 63

Blake's POV
Feburary 13, 2018 Tuesday

I miss Kate badly; or I do whenever I had time to think. This entire weekend was hectic everyone was preparing for the company's valentines party tonight.

I was trying to shove down lunch as fast as I could. My body got so used to Kate's cooking that everything else became a chore to ingest.

My tired body wouldn't even be able to handle this much food either way. I got tired of trying to shove the bland sand like food down my throat so I walked to the bin and trashed it. The food was appetizing normally but it was cold since I got it for lunch and it was 2pm now.

The fresh air was assaulting my nose. I walked towards the vehicle that was waiting to take me back to the hotel.

My mind kept running back to what Kate said earlier. Her voice was filled with distress and a hint of hope. What could she possibly want to discuss? It been 4 days since I left and I've been doing crazy overtime to ensure that I didn't have to be away from her for too long. After today, I'll be able to work online, from home flexibly until school ends so it'll be better then.

I hated hiding this from her but I had no choice. Whilst I trusted her; probably more than I should. My uncle didn't. He did not want any news about what's to come leaking and swore me into secrecy. I even had to sign multiple contracts. I get that this was a big issue and his competitors would dance at the chance of getting this news but Kate was a nobody. Who could she tell?

The car stopped and I strolled out. I walked straight into the elevator not bothering to pay attention to anyone. I already had my room key stashed away in my wallet and it's the room I have been staying in ever since I started coming to the city to work. So I didn't need any assistance. Just the bed.

I peed. Double checked my alarm then went to sleep.

Wondering about what could possibly be bothering Kate.

The alarm echoed throughout the room. Not even a second after I stopped it my uncle called making sure I was awake and wouldn't be late to the event.

"I'm getting ready now. I still don't know why you are insisting on me coming. Why not announce me joining the company next month or so. Right now I don't need any more publicity. My girlfriend couldn't handle that. So we gotta talk about it first." I said annoyed getting up with the phone at my ear and walking to the bathroom.

"Blake this isn't like you. Why is this girl so important to you. Don't you know that most girls can't be trusted. Put your future first. If she's the one she'll wait. If not you will become someone great and have tons of them flocking you." He responded.

"She's the one I'm comfortable with and after tonight you won't be seeing me until school ends. So you better control the amount of info you give tonight. I want to continue my life without hassles." I responded.

"So far she hasn't caused any trouble but I promise you. One mistake on either of your parts and you will move here fully and focus on your position. Sarah will handle your teachers and get you your exams in person or online. Your grades should be out ASAP then you will be doing university while working. Your days of idling around are over. I promised your mom I'd take you under my wing and that's what I intended to do. See you in 1 hour. Don't be late" my uncle said before hanging up.

I stepped into the shower and let the water cascade over my body. I never cared about relationships but more than ever I see the meaning behind the phrase 'Right person, wrong time'.

My free time is dwindling down and I don't know if Kate will be able to survive in this relationship without me being there as much as I used to. Unless she's able to move to the city then I'm sure I'd be able to make plenty of time for her. But driving back and forth from RoseValley is not feasible. Especially when I start working and doing Uni part time.